Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

query

sugar

ok i have watched the video of the 3030 in a water situation and can see by the information supplied that it is waterproof to 10 feet
the guy on the video says the controls can not go under the water but in the video the control box does seem to dip under the water WHOOPS
question can you take the control box off to get it to go up to ten feet or do you just have to stay in shallow water so the control box doesnt get wet and if so what is the figure of ten feet about please thanks

Sugar,

If on the rear pod the unit is equipped with the waterproof headphones the whole unit can go under water. The control panel is waterproof and can go under, it's the rear headphone connection that has to be configured correctly. With a standard headphone set up you can submerge everything including the control panel, but must keep the rear up and out of the water.

HH
BB

do the waterproof headphones come with the standard pack or are they an additional item please
i have read your reply a couple of times and i am still trying to decipher it what i was worried about mainly is taking it in hip height as i wont be using it much deeper but as shown in the video the control box getting wet and really dont want to take any water damage
so to try and understand what you are saying the man in the last video posted somewhere in a lake is wearing the standard earphones?
will go and check with my supplier the price of the waterproof headphones if they are extra

Sugar,

I don't know the video you are referring to so I can't make a comment on that. The waterproof headphones are extra, unless your supplier might be including them on some sort of dealer made up package. Below is a capture of the page from the brochure showing what comes standard from the factory for each package. Click on the image to enlarge it and make it readable.

[attachment 233134 CTXPkgs.gif]

HH
BB

I think the video you are referring to is the one I have attached below. The reason he is not submersing the control head is because he is using the wireless module and a standard pair of head phone ( both are NOT water proof) if he submersed the control head then he would loose the wireless connection, that is the only reason he is worried about submersing it. Notice in the video he tucks the wireless module into his hip waders to avoid getting it wet. If you want to use wired headphones then you need to remove the Head phone module Cover on the CTX and connect the waterproof Minelab headphones to the waterproof connection. They are the same headphones as the Excalibur but they have a water proof connection. Now the entire unit including headphones can be submersed up to 10 feet. If you had your own waterproof headphones you would need to remove the connection and replace it with the proper connections for the CTX. I'm not sure if that connection is even available.

Also check this thread it has photos of the CTX connection and more explanation.
http://www.findmall.com/read.php?86,1703655

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ill4euIelU&sns=em

Bill..... ive read this and now have a question? Are there two different jack set ups and you have to know if you plan on getting the whole unit wet? One for the wireless and one for those crappy yellow headphones? Or is it just one jack and you cant dunk the wireless adaptor? If it is at least you modify and use your own headphones for deep in the water like many have done on the Xcal.

Dew

Oooops looks like i got my question answered by reading another thread.

Dew

See this post by Crusty,

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?86,1703655,1703715#msg-1703715

They had to accommodate both waterproof and non-waterproof so there is a removable module that you take off to switch back and forth.

HH
BB