Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Quest for the fine gold chain

thE-TRACker

I've been on sort of a quest since receiving my 800 a couple weeks ago .I'm trying to find a fine gold chain without anything on it to sort of prove the Nox. I did find a .4 gram 14k earring that rang up like a gold chain should but still not a chain. I know the machine is very sensitive to gold so I know it's just a matter of getting the coil over it . Would love to see if any of you guys find one other than staged for instructional purposes . So far I love the Nox owning a 30/30 and E-Trac and fully expect to find fine gold chains . Good luck to all !

Ive had my 600 for 2 weeks and still no gold.

Been diggin lots of can slaw and small bits of aluminum.
We've had lots of gravel roll in but nothing much of value.

I cant see myself diggin a ton of itty, bity, pieces of aluminum to find a thin gold chain or a gold stud earring. Im thinkin I want my Sovereign back.
It doesnt false on every swing and is plenty deep for me.

I think all the hype was just that. I had the Nox in a bed of nails and blipped all over the place. I expected sharper, crisp, signals and got a lot of very wide and big signals. Definitely not what I had expected.

I have a Deus and I cant see the Nox as any competition on land. I never liked the sounds of the Explorer line and I guess I still dont.

I'll be absolutely amazed when and If I find a gold stud or thin gold chain.

Good luck in your search,

HH
Donna(NJ)

Donna, I consistently find stuff with iron all around it and deep. Sounds like you need to experiment with some different settings. I run the 5 tones, with the tone bins set to different tones and volumes, recovery speed at 6 and iron bias at zero. Dont give up on it, it is a great machine. Not a CTX as far as target id goes but it is a great machine!!

What were your settings, remember you have to adjust to site conditions.......it shouldn't false on every swing. Try lowering sensitivity and altering recovery speed.