Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question about beach finds

Ok. Here's my problem with this story

Hello All,
It's been awhile since I've posted here. I'm looking for some feedback about finds on the beach.
So, I'm walking out on a beach, in Delaware, a few days back to take the explorer for a walk. I see a fellow hunter and stop to have a chat. He tells me this story.

This is where the BS begins

" A few days back, I ( he ) found a very nice diamond engagement ring and wedding band set in the sand. I ( he ) went to the police department to file a found item report. The police were very intimidating.

They asked me ( him ) were the ring set was. I ( he ) told them that it was back at my { his } hotel room and I { he } wanted to file a found lost item report to try and return the ring to the owner.

This is when Bill really starts to unravel

The Sargent , at the desk proceeded to treat me { him } like a criminal. Called another cop over and started what felt like an interrogation.. They told me { him } that he (the other cop) was going to follow me { him } back to my { his } hotel room to get the ring from me. { him } Told me {him } that I { he } could be charged with theft.

I { he } told them I'm { he's } not that guy, I'm { he's } trying to do the right thing.

They were very aggressive and intimidating. I { he } really thought for a minute that they were going to charge me. { him }

The second cop followed me { him } back to the hotel room and took the ring set. I { he } did get a call a few days later letting me { him } know that the rings had been returned to the owner.

Honestly, I { he } dont { didn't } know that if I { he } was in that position again, I { he } probably wouldnt go to police as this was a very uncomfortable interaction and I { he } honestly thought they were going to charge me { him } with some crime.

I { he } felt like they were treating me { him } like a criminal. It was very demeaning. "

So, my question is, has anyone else ever been intimidated and accused of theft when trying to return something? Also, what's wrong with the police now adays? They wonder why more people dont want to have any involvement with them.
HH,
Bill

lol C'mon Bill...This post was nothing more than an anti cop rant!

Lol, the story was told to me on the beach by another hunter genius. Sorry I forgot the quotation marks..... I relayed the story here to get feedback from others as I had a hard time believing what the guy was telling me.

Lol, the story was told to me on the beach by another hunter genius. Sorry I forgot the quotation marks..... I relayed the story here to get feedback from others as I had a hard time believing what the guy was telling me.
Then why post it if you didn't believe it yourself :unsure: Hmmm?

Oh, I don't know, maybe I found a big ole diamond ring and was on the fence about turning it in. Lol, just because YOU think something in YOUR head doesn't necessarily make it so.

Oh, I don't know, maybe I found a big ole diamond ring and was on the fence about turning it in. Lol, just because YOU think something in YOUR head doesn't necessarily make it so.

Lmao you're killing me smalls! I'm bout to pee my trouzers :rofl: You sure it wasn't a voice in your head telling you this story considering YOU were the story :unsure: Great job recanting all those details especially the interrogation and interaction with the police :clapping:

Lmao you're killing me smalls! I'm bout to pee my trouzers :rofl: You sure it wasn't a voice in your head telling you this story considering YOU were the story :unsure: Great job recanting all those details especially the interrogation and interaction with the police :clapping:
Why are you always busting people's ball? It make us wonder about you. You think everyone's a liar that's what liars always think isn't it.

Ok 1st of all I noticed some animosity between members here on this thread with you being one spewing out a bunch of garbage. Then I noticed how ridiculously the story was told so I called him on it, big deal ! I don't know how you became the spokesperson for everyone here and busting everyone's balls? Lol yeah ok only thing I'm guilty of is making a dumb thread or 2 out of humour,. When you say " most of us " does that include the very same people you and this lame thread offended which happens to be former law enforcement ?

I have similar incidents when trying to do the right thing, if i can't find the owner on my own then the finds are mine, i found a set of keys with remote went back to the parking lot hitting the panic button and found the car, there happened to be a police officer on a bicycle and i asked him if he might be able to fine the owner of the car, he started out insinuating that i stole the car, told him that i had found the keys in the sand on the beach, then he asked me how i knew that the keys belonged to that car (Da) so i hit the panic button, he finally took the keys and said he would look out for the driver. It seems that the police always looks for the criminal in all cases and not thinking there are good citizens out there trying to do the right thing,

I have similar incidents when trying to do the right thing, if i can't find the owner on my own then the finds are mine, i found a set of keys with remote went back to the parking lot hitting the panic button and found the car, there happened to be a police officer on a bicycle and i asked him if he might be able to fine the owner of the car, he started out insinuating that i stole the car, told him that i had found the keys in the sand on the beach, then he asked me how i knew that the keys belonged to that car (Da) so i hit the panic button, he finally took the keys and said he would look out for the driver. It seems that the police always looks for the criminal in all cases and not thinking there are good citizens out there trying to do the right thing,
My gosh ... he asked you a couple of questions then took the task of finding the owner off your hands. Sounds like you are reading a lot into this or maybe went into the talk with the officer with a preconception or an attitude of your own. Think about the scenario of somone picking the keys off a blanket and going to find the car to steal it. That does happen. The officer was likely checking that possibility and was doing his job ... didn't threaten you with arrest did he? Again ... my gosh!

You have a point did not threaten just sounded cocky but all turned out well, we likely don't run onto different things like the police do maybe i took it wrong. I have one police office that i have met on the beach and talk to several times, he even made a trip out to me one dark morning saying i though that might be you ,How you doing.