Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question about complicated

Sonny(IN)

I wonder if it is as easy to learn all the features as the E-trac. I always felt that the new Whites was a little complicated and a lot of overkill to adjust. E-trac was basically simple..thanks

Given that it's got new features that have not been seen on a detector before, I'd imagine it to take a bit longer than the E-trac to learn, but you can be pretty sure that it's default program will get you up and away almost as quickly. As you get comfortable with the basics, you'll be able to ease your way into the new features. It doesn't hurt to sit back for a while after release, and get a good idea of what to expect out of the detector as folks get used to it. There'll be a lot of learner frustration for the first 6 weeks. Pretty normal. You'll even see some flaws come up for the first little bit, but it'll selttle down and you'll find folks will be pretty chuffed with it as they get better. There's no real need to dive in off the deep end strait away. It's going to be a fun ride to see how it goes.
Mick Evans.

Complicated? Maybe, depends on the user. Easy to use? I bet the CTX is.

The factory preset programs makes them pretty much a turn on and go detector after learning the basics. Just because the features and adjustments are there does not mean you have to use them. The new high tech detectors are as easy or complicated as the user wants to make them.

n/t