Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question about tone profiles

Davy crockett

Hi all, I'm new to the game. Got ctx3030 and love it.

My question is: a mode has two patterns, pattern 1 and 2 can have have different descrimination patterns however both patterns will have the same tone profile. Is this correct.

So whatever tone profile you give to pattern 1 will automatically be assigned pattern number 2

I was thinking that I could have one tone profile for pattern one and another tone file for pattern two however I can't figure out how to do it.

Thanks everyone

The tone profile stays the same,if you want something like that program the soft key on the top right by holding it in, select back to the 'previous mode' then select both programs from the menu then use the soft key to toggle back and forth between programs,enjoy the new toy!hh

That's correct , kind of a pain in the neck to have select two modes every time you turn it on.
I would much rather have the option of choosing two different tone settings in one mode.
Maybe with the next update!!:clapping:

Yeah it's embarrassing, I wasted a night or two trying to figure it out but to no avail. It seems to me that they didn't make that clear enough in the instructions, then again I'm no genius lol lol

As for digging in parks or other areas I will be careful. I'm from the generation where you left the area cleaner and nicer then when you got there.

Can I use a backhoe instead? Lol lol. Thanks for your replies guys I appreciated it. Im also in the Knoxville tn area.

Hi there

Why would you want different tone profiles for the same anticipated target recognition?

You normally create another MODE for such a concept.

The 2 disc system sensibly guides you to towards changing the disc pattern, to achieve a meaningful modification of WHICH audios represent each partition...

Surely it's more sensible to become accustomed to your responses.....,rather than adding 'man-made' complexities to your hunt.

Keep it sweet and simple...KISS.....dig a target by its audio PERSISTENCE...(.Persistently obvious..... OR persistently IFFY...(if DEEP..(or maybe small))

Perhaps you can better explain your 'various' tones per disc pattern so we can appreciate your idea?

Matt.

Hello and thanks for your reply, I understand now what you are saying, being so inexperienced I wanted to set up different tone profiles so I could compare them with things I have buried in the yard. I know now that I can do the same thing just by going to different modes with different tone profiles.

I haven't been able to play with the machine much because of having to many things going on but I've been reading everything off the internet and I have ordered the new book so hopefully by the end of sept when I return from California I can dive right in.

I have found some targets in my front yard which I marked with a golf tee but haven't dug them yet. I believe one is a quarter. (It's been to hot outside)

Take care ya all

http://www.minelab.com/usa/treasure-talk/ctx-3030-multiple-hunt-modes-at-your-fingertips

Not sure but maybe what is discussed here might help.