Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question.... I am thinking about getting the 6" accelerater coil fo my E-Trac........

Bottomfeeder

How is th depth and performance on the little fella? Will it sort out and hit silver coins at a good depth? Thx for any info.

I got my 6" Excelerator Coil approx. 8 months ago - I like it so much that I use it at least 95 % of the time.

It gets great depth - ( dug dimes at up to 8" + ) - great target separation in heavy trash - really zooms in on targets - pinpoints like a laser - light weight - the coil cover actually keeps the dirt out - you can hunt in tight spots where you don't have enough room to swing a stock sized coil - and a really big plus ... it slides over brush stubble without getting hung up like the open coils !

Follow this link to Bryce Brown's ( Bryce is the moderator of the Minelab Explorer forum ) field test on the 6" Excelerator coil - this review says it all !
--- >>> http://www.findmall.com/read.php?19,1055627

Good luck !

Ohio say's it like it is. I still use the 10x12 SEF on most areas with lots of swing room but if the goin is rough or heavily trashed I use the 6x8...great little coil.

My 6"x8" SEF gets 11" depth on a dime and 12" with a quarter on a air test. I use this coil
about 95% of the time.

I recently picked up an E-trac, and it came with the 6" Excellerator coil. I plan to test it out this weekend at a spot that has produced well for me in the past, but silver has dried up over the past 5-6 hunts (although I still manage to eek out a teens wheatie or injun). I was planning to run the ProCoil, Sunray X-12 and the 6" Excellerator coil (in that order) over the same spot and see how each coil does. Over the past couple of years, I've used a F75 LTD, Tek Omega, and CZ-70 at this spot, and have found a couple of dozen barber dimes, SLQ, half dozen mercs, dozen injuns and 3+ dozen teen wheaties....BUT there must be one or two more silvers hiding out there waiting for the E-trac to rescue them right? :detecting:

Having used virtually all of the after market coils for the Minelab machines, I have found the 6x8 offers exceptional target separation and detection depth not much less than the stock Pro coil. You are getting a little more coverage with each sweep when compared to the 6" coil. The 6x8 is also my primary coil for the type of sites I frequent.

For the current $25 difference in price, I would opt for the 6x8 coil . . . . just one person's opinion however.

Andy Sabisch

I have the 6" excelerator coil and love it. It doesn't provide great coverage, but some how I still find a lot of jewelry which is what I am after. It has great depth & target separation and very easy to pin point and recover targets. I haven't used the 6x8 but have heard positive reports.

If I could only have one coil it would be a hard decision between 6x8 and the Pro coil, if only 2 it would be a Pro coil & a 6" Excelerator , if only 3, Pro, 6x8 & 6"Excelerator... The 6 incher has gotten me lots of stuff in target rich areas where the 6x8 is still to large. . wildherre