Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question! Is the E-Trac really the best coin detector?

Why would I need a new detector when mine still brings home silver/gold/ or copper treasures every hunt ?
Been there, bought the latest , greatest and sold them at less than I paid for them to learn my lesson.
I simply re-learned the etrac and found my way to make it work.
Thats what I wanted to know!

I really do struggle with comments about the etrac being an awkward machine to adapt to, it's the best laid out machine as regards menus of any of the explorer range.
Recovery speed/processor speed call it what you will is fine, and I work some really iron infested sites. I appreciate here in the UK we dont have to cherry pick as such, but once you buy one even if you sell it on, I'm pretty sure you'll go back.
Used an Explorer 2 & the E-Trac they were good detectors at the time but like all thing their time has passed.
There is just better detectors out there, I thought I would never stop using the Fisher CZ detectors or the E-Trac

Used an Explorer 2 & the E-Trac they were good detectors at the time but like all thing their time has passed.
There is just better detectors out there, I thought I would never stop using the Fisher CZ detectors or the E-Trac
"better detectors" is very vague. But, as far as identifying coins, are you saying there are other machines that can differentiate between a coin and junk, better than the E-Trac?

I do believe ground conditions are a big factor. Most of my best finds are 10+ inches in NW OHIO.
Some just don't understand the etrac/ctx 3030/v3i and they are not a good fit for them. Some don't get the nox and I am sure some won't like the legend or the deus 2.
Some want to run with a detector , some want to crawl along at a snail's pace. Some detectors are just too heavy.

If it was the best detector to find coins ever and you just did not like the way it runs or the way it feels in your hands or sounds then it can't be the best ever to you.
If it was that easy , everyone would drive the same model of a car.

One for the dinosaur today,
1895 Barber quarter.
Ron in WV

Attachments

• IMG_4463.jpg
    IMG_4463.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_4464.jpg
    IMG_4464.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_4465.jpg
    IMG_4465.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_4466.jpg
    IMG_4466.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_4467.jpg
    IMG_4467.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 155
Used one for years. It is an awesome machine...possibly the MOST programable with multitudes of configurations/options and a bit on the heavy side.
Personally...it is toooooooooo complicated for the average detector, notoriously slow recovery speed and a bit too heavy for seniors. It can be quite frustrating in terms of "do I have it set right" for these particular conditions or should I "reconfigure"????

Sold mine and acquired a ML Vanquish...much, much lighter...very very much simpler (read less frustrating)...noticeably faster recovery and highly accurate digital signals. Every bit as satisfied with it!!!
Some have sold their eTracs and CTXs only to find their new Nox 800 is quite a challenge. A great machine and will find small gold really good. But still kind of hard to tame hunting trashy parks. Had the nox for 3 years and now use the CTX with Doc's swingy thing harness which is much better than the Minelab Pro swing harness.

Some have sold their eTracs and CTXs only to find their new Nox 800 is quite a challenge. A great machine and will find small gold really good. But still kind of hard to tame hunting trashy parks. Had the nox for 3 years and now use the CTX with Doc's swingy thing harness which is much better than the Minelab Pro swing harness.
What do you like about Doc's better?

Etrac and CTX3030 are superb coin machines. But you will have to deal with the weight. I could not hunt more than 10-20 min without a very good swing harness Doc's Swingy Thing harnes.

IMHO... The Etrac is the best Silver machine ever made, hands down. I would love to own another one, but. The rave is all about the 800, which is a toy to me compared to the Silver Slayer.

One day, I hope they come out with the Etrac 2, fingers crossed

So the E-Trac is slow, I am using the long sounds setting which is about as slow as it gets. So if I hit a silver coin it sounds off at a normal swing speed, so my coil is a few inches past the target. All I need to do is back up a few inches and find the target and do a little pin pointing and testing the target and either dig or walk on.
The E-Trac is not so slow that I missed the target all together, I got it and just need to work over the target until I think it is good or not. I didn't miss the target and I am not swing at the rate one stork per minute, I am swing along and keeping up with others hunting with me.

Now how can I explain away it is heavy, I just remembered I am running a sling and if I keep things tucked in and use my body rather than my arm, shoulder and back it is not all that heavy. But at my age 74 all detectors are heavy even my F75 which is light and fast and is a good detector. But it doesn't hold a candle to the E-Trac and actual good target recovery.
The E-Trac is not a dinosaur but is more like a work horse it gets the job done. You can go flying along in your F4 fighter jet and cover a lot of ground, the E-trac will come along behind you and finish the job.

Ron in WV