Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question on park 1 and park 2

Park1

What park 1 or 2 is better for silver on the equinox 600?
Here's what I have found by testing several times.
1.In my opinion park 2 is a deeper mode.
2. Park 1 will give a more reliable VDI on deeper coins. ( coins 10 inches or so )
3. On the deeper coins Park 2 will report a lower VDI. But will give a stronger tone response.
So for me I use Park 1 most of the time.
On the rare occasion when I get to go on a civil war site in the woods I will switch to Park 2 to get a stronger tone on the deeper targets.
In Park 1 I can ignore some of the lower VDIs ( 1 to 8 ) when field hunting old house sites thats my be littered with can slaw from farm workers. (You will still dig plenty of can slaw at higher VDIs) If I was in Park 2 I couldn't ignore these numbers because I know that a deeper coins will bounce down into that range.

2. Park 1 will give a more reliable VDI on deeper coins. ( coins 10 inches or so )
3. On the deeper coins Park 2 will report a lower VDI. But will give a stronger tone response.
On the rare occasion when I get to go on a civil war site in the woods I will switch to Park 2 to get a stronger tone on the deeper targets.
In Park 1 I can ignore some of the lower VDIs ( 1 to 8 ) when field hunting old house sites thats my be littered with can slaw from farm workers. (You will still dig plenty of can slaw at higher VDIs) If I was in Park 2 I couldn't ignore these numbers because I know that a deeper coins will bounce down into that range.
Thanks to all

Good info. I just picked up a used 600 and will check that out. Now I would like the smaller coil.

Good info. I just picked up a used 600 and will check that out. Now I would like the smaller coil.
If you are talking about the minelab small coil and you are wanting it for better separation you should checkout Calabashdiggers video.
I bought one and tested it and then sold it.
I know its hard to believe but it didn't separate any better and of course wasn't as deep as the stock coil.
I just ordered the new coiltek 10x5.

I prefer field 2 man it works great for me.
Mark

If you are talking about the minelab small coil and you are wanting it for better separation you should checkout Calabashdiggers video.
I know its hard to believe but it didn't separate any better and of course wasn't as deep as the stock coil.
Thanks.
Thanks, will check out the video.

What park 1 or 2 is better for silver on the equinox 600?
Most of your replies to your original question are from people that run the Equinox 800, and you run to the Equinox 600, like me. Even though they are very similar they are not exactly the same.
So here's my two cents when it comes to finding silver, which is what you are original question was. If you're hunting in the Backwoods, I would definitely use Park-1. But if your hunting old or new city parks, or areas of that nature..... I would definitely use Park-2.

I like park 2 others like Ted have suggested field 2, I'll try to remember that and try it next time.

Mark is the one that turned me on to field 2....I hunt a lot of open areas...If I am in a trashy park then I go to Park1...

Got my six inch and have used it twice and having fun. Haven’t tried the 11inch but will depending on the location.
I