Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question on Target Trace Digger

Using the first example of Low conductive and high conductive coins under target trace, there are multiple red dots from left to right or vice versa, are they all targets to possibly dig.

How do you know which one you are digging?

Also if there are multiple coins in the hole say 1 inch or so apart, would it see them all as individual targets or 1 good target ?

Remember we're not just looking at a display. We are also listening to the audio response of each target. If, in the examples given, there was no audio response, it would not be a "target". It would likely be ground clutter or simply the "trace pattern" from going between the two targets. If there are multiple targets closely adjacent, yes, you can separate them and identify each one. Here is a screen shot I took of what turned out to be a nickel and a penny, about two inches apart. I snapped the picture as the coil was centered over the target with the highest non-ferrous value. HH Randy

yes.

n/t

n/t

So, does Target Trace PINPOINT just show more targets under the coil during pinpoint then? What does it look like? And when it's off it's like the regular pinpoint on the E-Trac or another machine?

Randy - That picture you snapped was during regular detecting mode I believe?

So many questions ;-)
Albert

The picture was in detect mode with Target Trace. When Target Trace Pinpoint is also implemented, the visual elements of Target Trace are carried over the "held" until you release the Pinpoint trigger. HH Randy

To me this looks like one of the best new features. Did it take long to get used to this or did it come second nature after using an etrac?

Joe

Digger said:
The picture was in detect mode with Target Trace. When Target Trace Pinpoint is also implemented, the visual elements of Target Trace are carried over the "held" until you release the Pinpoint trigger. HH Randy

That is REALLY interesting. Nice bit of detective kit here.

Thx Randy,
Albert

If you have a working knowledge of the E-TRAC, or any of the other FBS detectors, it should come very easy. The FBS2 functionality of the CTX 3030 is basically an enhanced FBS. Actually, very enhanced. My point is, if you understand how to fine tune your E-TRAC for the sites you hunt, following those same principals and integrating the new technology should come second nature. Once you see how flexible this platform is, you'll realize much of the new functionality is in response to user's "want lists". JMHO HH Randy

Pretty much exactly what I was hoping for. I wanted a waterproof machine that would build on my skills with the Explorer and etrac and make it a progression of my presents skill level.
Seems this new machine does that in spades.....for me anyways. I really like what I've seen so far and I'm sure there is lots more to come once we know it all.
My order went in today......can't wait.

Dave

It is the Minelab logo, painted over. It was easier to paint the logos than hunt under a tarp! HH Randy

My question is this.....is the multi-target display a visual redundancy of the audio signal one would get, using the penny-nickel 2" apart example. My machine (non-Minelab) when outfitted with a DD coil will discern each target via audio/VDI, a penny-nickel 2" apart. Was the depth 7cm (2.76"). If not 7cm depth, what was depth of targets?