Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question.

Do things that are deep down in the ground over time come closer to the surface? Seems like I find something in my backyard every summer that wasn't there the summer before.
Idk if its correct or not, but I've been told objects buried in ground can eventually work it's way to the top. I've read its possibly due to the ground freezing & thawing. As the ground freezes it helps push the target/object up a slight bit, year after year. I got 1 farm sight I've been hunting for years & after every winter I seem to find new targets to dig.

Do things that are deep down in the ground over time come closer to the surface? Seems like I find something in my backyard every summer that wasn't there the summer before.
I would think not, there are variables though that might factor into the equation. Probably just missing targets. Overlapping your sweep will help locate missed targets. Sometimes moisture in the ground will make targets more conductive, therefore easier to detect. Just some thoughts. HH Tony

In my area ,, ground freezing probably never reaches below 2 inches at most ,, if that ,, so targets would have to be in that range,, which makes it most likely you'd have just missed the target .

I would say it is more likely that the surrounding has changed than the target rising to the top.

Ground minerals are constantly changing. Rusted iron just over time fades away to where a target that was masked before, is now giving a higher response than the junk that was masking it.

As they say, no place is every completely cleaned out.

Maybe some one is playing with your mind and knows you detect so they toss a few things in the yard when you don't see. I know some guys that would sneak into a friends driveway everynight and put a couple of gallons of gas in a buddy's car and got a real kick out of listening to him brag about how good the car's gas mileage was.:)