Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Questions on Operating the E-TRAC

hershey1

Lot of questions about how to get the most out of your E-Trac. This is the forum to ask those questions and get very good answers. I myself have benifited from questions from me as well as others but have you noticed Ray Mo., Dr. Bob, Andy, and Bryce Brown don't ask questions but provide answers. Now that being said everyone knows my settings here in TN. will be of little use for Del in Oregon. So here is a suggestion that helped me tremendously. I took some golf tees and when I found a penny I put a golf tee there, same with nickle, dime, quarter and pull-tab. Don't dig first leave ground alone. Now check these targets with different settings gain, sensitivity, target tones, noise cancel and try different channels. Some have done a test like this and if you have'nt, try it. You will get some interesting results in YOUR ground. Try pitch and hold in a trashy park now that is an experience. Try new settings and before long you will be amazed at what this machine is capable of and the aggrivation it can cause.

Make a test garden so you can learn what works/sounds/IDs best for you.The basics can be explained long distance but hands on testing is the only way to get the most out of any machine.....

Great idea. I've thought about it before but never followed through. I was thinking of using it to compare different detectors before digging.

Well, ole Del in Oregon certainly concurs with this! ;)-----I've done tests like this (and similar tests) for years and in many cases you will be really surprised (sometimes downright shocked) at the results you get/observe (both negative and positive).-----Can be a real eye opener/learning tool at times.------Another suggestion would be---have a hunting buddy join in with these "tests"--makes it even more interesting/educational.-----The wife & I do tests similar to these all the time (both in the test garden & in the field).-----The real "proof in the pudding" is on targets or tests performed "in the wild" though---in the end, that's the only thing that really counts--results in the field.-----I think if you travel around (hunt different sites/areas as we do), it makes it all the more important to do these & similar tests.----I'm 72 & still learning---and here I thought I had ALL the answers when I was 21!!! :lmfao:----------Del

Colored poker chips work well for this as well. I go out with a buddy sometime and we will mark targets we intend to dig with one color and no digs with another color. Different colors for each of us of course. This way when we disagree we can try some different settings and then see what comes out of the ground. It is cool to see the patterns of chips on the ground that show where the concentrations of coins are.

Great idea!!----We've been carrying short cut painted dowel pins in our pouches.---They are long enough to stick up above the grass where you can see them.------I like your method! :thumbup:-------Del
Idprospector said:
Colored poker chips work well for this as well. I go out with a buddy sometime and we will mark targets we intend to dig with one color and no digs with another color. Different colors for each of us of course. This way when we disagree we can try some different settings and then see what comes out of the ground. It is cool to see the patterns of chips on the ground that show where the concentrations of coins are.