Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Racer 2 Tracking question

Indotguy

I've read the manual and scanned the forums but I can't seem to find out WHY Tracking GB is not recommended for use in the discrimination modes? I don't have a problem with doing auto or manual GB but I'm just curious why Tracking is only recommended for All Metal.

good question

I think it's because tracking in disc will balance out targets if you sweep over multiple times. Or at least skew it the more you sweep the target.
Manual for my relic says the same thing.
I have used it in disc mode and did find that when I set the machine down for a dig, it goes nuts trying to rebalance itself.
But personally I don't know.
Maybe post a new thread and put dilek in the beginning of the name and she will be along soon with an answer.

Thanks for the responses. What both of you say make sense and is pretty much what I suspected. It's not a big deal and I don't have a problem with pumping a coil every now and again.
On a separate note, took my new R 2 out today for its maiden voyage and was very impressed. Light weight, excellent screen visibility, and the Tone Break, Audio Tone and Iron Audio features are awesome! I've always tended to use discrimination to its fullest on my detectors but with the Racer I found myself running almost wide open with only three bars of iron notched out. Visited a couple sites I've hit many times before and ended the day with a nice haul of clad dimes and quarters. I can't wait to go out again! (Oh yea, I forgot to mention those wireless headphones! AWESOME!!!)

Cal

I've always been told that it can track to the iron, but, personally I've not found that to be the case.

I used tracking quite a bit with my Red Racer and it worked great at the sites I detect. I haven't used it on my Racer2, but to be honest, it's so easy to GB, auto-tracking isn't really a big deal IMHO.

hh,
Brian