Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Rain Hunt, need to find small plug for head phones.

utahshovelhead

Hey all,
I want to do some rain hunting with the waterproof 3030. BUT, I need to plug the small hole for the wired headphone jacks. Can anyone tell me what they use to plug that with?

LETS SAY I USE MY non waterproof Grey Ghost headphones and cover my entire head with my rain pancho hoodie, do you think that water will get into the jack with the headphones pluged in? I guess I can try to wrap plastic around it and elastic bands to keep it dry there.

Also, Lets say I use no head phones, I don't like to do this as I like to hear the sounds well but, I think Ill be ok.. any advice?

Any response would be appreciated. its raining and I want to get out and do some crazy digging,

Thanks,
shov.

I am guessing you don't have a WM 10 Module to plug in to your headphones and put underneath your poncho, and/or, are you aware of the screw in cap that is inside of the 1/4 inch headphone module that you would normally have to unscrew to attach waterproof headphones?

If it was me I suppose I would be concerned if there was torrential downpour, but outside of that I wouldn't be worried. For the most part your arm should be covering the area where the headphones plug in anyhow .

Oh and of course if you are running sans headphones you just remove the 1/4 inch headphone module and plug in that little screw cap and you are good to go - this is what I do when it is raining hard and like I first mentioned hiding the WM 10 under my hood or poncho..

Really, no need to plug the 1/4" jack. If you want to use the built in speaker only, take the 1/4" headphone adaptor off and put the plug in the waterproof headphone jack. The waterproof headphone jack is already waterproof so water can't get into the 3030 even if you leave the plug off, the plug is to keep dirt and dust out of the jack, not the water.

If you want to use standard headphones, they will work fine in the rain, even if the jack and headphone adaptor gets wet. There is nothing in the adaptor to short out or go bad unless you neglect to dry it out. I have had the 3030 under water many times with the 1/4" adaptor on and using my SunRay Golds, never had a problem. Just dry the plug and headphone adaptor after each water use and a spritz of WD-40 so it will not rust and you will be fine.

Simple strip of Gorilla tape will make a quick waterproof cover if you wanted to leave the headphone adaptor in place.