Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Raincoat for the control head/screen ... ??

Willee - Texas

Is there a rain cover out yet for the V3 control head?

Will a DFX cover work?

If I remember correctly, the control pod/head is just as water resistant as a rain cover. I'm pretty sure I heard Carl say the the two parts of the pod have a rubber gasket between them, the touch pads are sealed and the screen cover does it's job well. It seems like the switch on the bottom even has a seal in it.

Hey Jason,
Didnt you do one from a certain company before for the etrac? I did a request from that company but I believe there has to be demand first and someone has to send their detecter into them for the template to be created.

Would love to get one from them, have heard some great things.

A real good way to go is a protective film with a little RainX applied. I had a screen protector for my DFX and ended up not using it as the pod is fine in rain. Don't see why the V3 would be any different?

The one you are talking about are great sctatch covers. The one on order is mire traditional
type cover getting one for the control box also will let every one know how it comes out.

thanks

Jason

I guess my low tech clear, plastic shower cap is a little too "redneck" for you hi tech guys. Got eight of them for a dollar at the "Everything's a Dollar Store" As Gomer Pyle would say..."Shazam".:wiggle:

jimmyk in Missouri

A couple times (other detectors) I used the clear bags from the roll at the produce department. Then once I set a sheet of Saran Wrap over a control head to not only allow me to see the screen, but use the push pad buttons. It wasn't a heavy down pour, but did the job in a pinch. Had to bag the control box too.

jimmyk said:
I guess my low tech clear, plastic shower cap is a little too "redneck" for you hi tech guys. Got eight of them for a dollar at the "Everything's a Dollar Store" As Gomer Pyle would say..."Shazam".:wiggle:

jimmyk in Missouri

That's not "redneck"...just plain old ingenious. Na...........................It's redneck! (And still ingenious.)

We've just tested those covers and they work perfectly but in very bright sunshine it might be advisable to remove the display part due to reflections. It's not called the "raincoat" for nothing, right?:detecting:

Yes it is padded. In fact it's three different layers of materials, so it's water, dust and shock-resistant at the same time, not to mention protection against cuts and scrapes.

This is one well made cover the one fits the screen great and the control box cover is made better than any I have ever had. This cover will be a great investment to
protect your V3. Would like to say thanks to the folks who made it and the shipping was really quick. Was told a few days ago it was on the way and today it was here.
Thanks again and if you need any info on these feel free to send me a PM. :super:

Jason

jimmyk said:

jimmyk in Missouri

Pay well over a grand for a detector and use 8 for a $1 shower caps to protect it. Priceless.

He will have to send you a PM, some of our sponsors sell rain coats for the V.