Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Razor Blades in park

tab-nabit

FYI - just saw on news that several razor blades are being found in a San Diego park. Someone sticking them in the turf to hurt others (pets too). Authorities are using detectors looking for them and have found several so far.
I have found the occasional razor blade, syringes/needles, knifes etc. in my years of detecting, but this is like someone planting several intending to cause harm.
Its bad enough some idiot would do this, now out on the news, others may get the idea doing the same (I hope not).

Just had to rant a little after seeing this on the news.

That is a shame .............. what the blazes is wrong with people in todays world..

Now I just mentioned this to my wife during dinner and she said a few days ago on the news someone had attached razor blades to the gear that kids climb on. She didn't recall where and if it was at a park or school. Gotta go vent again Grrrrrrrrrrr!

tab-nabit said:
Now I just mentioned this to my wife during dinner and she said a few days ago on the news someone had attached razor blades to the gear that kids climb on. She didn't recall where and if it was at a park or school. Gotta go vent again Grrrrrrrrrrr!

I remember hearing that on the news as well. Believe it was in northern Illinois if I recall correctly. They were taped to the monkey bars or other gear that was meant to hold on to. Some seriously sick individuals out there. If I ever came across someone doing that, lets just say we wouldnt have to worry about them doing anything like that again. Be ALOT harder without any fingers. Maybe once they understand what it would be like to get razor blades in the hands they would think twice about if the notion ever crossed their mind again.

Hi,
The razor blades were probably used by drug addicts to shave slivers of their crack rocks or to cut up their cocaine and were just left behind after use.
I used to live in Berlin and parks were littered with syringes left over from shooting heroin.
Even in the sand boxes of the playgrounds; so the parents and well as the parks staff never gave me any hassle when I showed up with my metal detector and removed these dangers.
There

Just gave me an idea. Anyone hassling you about detecting, say along with trash, you are also removing any syringes you find so their kids and pets don't get jabbed while enjoying the park. They'll ask if you've ever found one....who hasn't?

Elton said:
That is a shame .............. what the blazes is wrong with people in todays world..

Simple...proper punishment (rope or firing squad) for the trash who would do such a thing was banned years ago

I seen that , what is the world coming to , then a guy up hear was placing bombs in the tot lots lucky the caught him .

skookum said:
Hi,
The razor blades were probably used by drug addicts to shave slivers of their crack rocks or to cut up their cocaine and were just left behind after use.

skookum

Edit:
A word of caution :
Be very careful when you find used syringes and handle them in such a manner so you do not poke yourself with a possible infected needle since many additcs have diseases like Hepatitis and/or Aids

Unfortunately this is not the case at all.

playground900x675_1395843481016_3784467_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

These were intentionally put there, and the person must have taken the time to plan it out enough to bring the the blades as well as tape to place them. Seems pre-meditated rather then just someone carelessly dropping them when they were done with them.......

http://www.abc15.com/news/national/razor-blades-found-on-playground-equipment-in-illinois-park

THAT`S SICK

Time to go md your neighborhood totlot even if it ain't got squat for coins. :)

I have 6 grandchildren and shudder to think of them being cut on those razor blades perhaps laced with cocaine powder and hepatitis.
I NEVER go out metal detecting without gloves on. Even if you never come across razors blades (but we all do anyway!) there is so much you can get cut or impaled on. Glass shards from broken beer bottles and a host of other crap out there.
I totally agree about telling those who might question your activities around tot lot's and parks in general, just tell them your also removing things that might injure children because that is the truth. The only one's that would object are the psycho's that are putting them there in the first place!. Be safe out there.

I've pulled out quite a few very long nails pointing upwards, in open fields where owners take their dogs out to exercise. Each time, I've insisted on digging them out of the ground. Even if I lose time, I'm doing my part in avoiding injury to anyone. Abnormal idiots are everywhere, especially on bike routes... There, they take the time to go out and buy nails, bend them, and throw them on the bike routes. A friend of mine had multiple flats and had to throw away the tube and pluck out the nails from the tire. If I find a syringe, none so far, I'll just leave the area. Don't want nothing to do with that stuff. What really gets on my nerve is the glass I find in the sand on the beaches. Now that's dangerous! Imagine a kid digging into the sand and cutting his hand on a piece of glass... Actually, I got three stitches on my right knee from back when I was in grade 5 while playing soccer at school. I slid down on my knees and a piece of glass in the grass cut the skin on my knee all the way to my kneecap.

I will jump in and say this...

We old guys who get out early and pay attention, sure do have the pulse on the community...I had a beach cop try to bounce me once for being on the beach at 3am..just detecting, minding my own business...told him straight up you need us old guys out here in the dead hours of night keeping an eye on things for you...we are the front line, we are up and gone before the dawn...

Old guys I mean, and specifically old guys outdoors with a honest purpose..like detecting....we pay attention!... as much as it may be selfserving to say, we are indeed the first ones out finding what went on the night before...just too few of us to cover it all....that said, we do our part, unnoticed....y'all know how much glass/syringes/rubbers and whatnot that could hurt a kid we have hauled off?...let alone if one of us ever comes across somebody taping blades to playground equipment?...pretty sure I know the answer, for those of you that dont carry, a common ball bat will do..or a machete....I recommend a bat or a machete...personally, I carry a machete, (its lighter than a bat, and fits flush to the body)...I was never any good at baseball anyway, but by gosh I sure can cut down the weeds! :rofl: ...What a tough World it is out there. Stay frosty my Friends!
Mud