Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Re Depth

Ron12

Ok Last post on depth issues
And did want to Thank all who gave input

Brought CTX to Beach today wasn’t easy leaving Equinox at home but glad I did
My how soon we forget what’s the norm

Deep targets everywhere was night and day difference
I was really tuned into what the equinox did well so I didn’t pay attention to what it wasn’t doing till it became very obvious

Finds very low conductors around iron very well, light and easy menu

Did bring same ring that’s marked at 12 inches, 14 k mans 6 gram ring, nickel and 14k rope bracelet to test
Have had CTX 4 yrs so no reason to test but wanted to see comparison

Buried ring 12 inches and hit it very well was even able to raise coil a little more and still get good signal
Nickel same at least 12 inches
Jumpy numbers at that depth but solid target
Bracelet was able to get at 3 to 4 inches

So this tells me Equinox is definitely not working correctly only 8 to maybe 9 on Ring and 6 inches on nickel buried
Air test good
So I will be boxing up equinox to send in, maybe I’ll do a boxing Video. LOL
Sucks cause starting vacation after this coming week
Hope it dose indeed fix this issue

Had a nightmare when I bought Excalibur 15 yrs ago it would not stabilize , sent back 3 times and they kept sending it back the same
After getting it back 3 times asked for new machine or money back
Received new machine and still have it but took 3 trips to post office and a month of waiting
Here they are better now, sure hope so

CTX has been awesome no problems

Either way will not knock nox if it works for the masses that’s great
Hopefully it will work out and I will get to see what others Love about it

Thanks again for input. Ron

Ron --

REALLY glad you are sending it in. When you talk to the folks at Minelab, make sure you tell them about the air test target being good at 12 inches, the "in the sand" test target cutting your depth in half to 6 inches, AND the test with the CTX in the sand test target being perfectly fine, 12 inches. They need to know all three of those facts, to properly understand.

Steve

Anyone else see this issue? I’ve used mine 7 or 8 outings now (all over 4 hrs each), both central and So California beaches and haven’t found really anything deep except for aluminum cans. Was using the CTX before and it was deep.. I had been chalking it up to lousy conditions. I’ll try your nickel test.