Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Recovery speed 8

GKMan said:
Excellent post with sound advice.... as usual.
I'm a little confused, however, by your comment as to having an hour for a quickie :smoke: :lol:

And before church!

I have talked about fast swinging on the CTX forum and it helping to reveal a couple targets here and there. It isn't something I do all the time but as a last resort after maxing out sensitivity, Coil size, and whatever else I had available. Perhaps we are seeing the same thing here with the quicker swing compensating for the higher Recovery Speed.
That would be the case in wide open ground, this yard was target infested with ferrous and non ferrous, so it was super slow with lots of twisting a turning investigating sounds I liked.
Laplander

Gotchya, sounds like a good time. Keep hearing a lot of good things about this detector. Can't wait to finally have mine in hand.

So what we have is a graduated scale of recovery speed on the Equinox which is comparable to the CTX's limited option of Recovery Fast On/Off. It is too bad they hadn't integrated that in to the CTX at some point.
Now, what would be comparable to CTX's Recovery Deep? A manual faster swing if conditions allow? Doing so sometimes enhanced the signal of otherwise undetectable targets.