Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Recovery speed 8

laplander

Administrator
Staff member
Did you ever forget to check your settings from the last hunt? I had an hour to hunt before church the other day so I grabbed the gear and set off for a quickie. The yard I picked was close and I have worked it over several times, the last time with no coins found. The first three targets were all high tones, a copper washer, hypodermic needle and then the quarter. It read good one way and a little off at 90 degrees but still an interesting sound, so I dug the first plug - still the same response. At seven inches out pops the Barber, recheck the hole with the probe and 2 inches to the side an iron slug approximately the same weight. It was a mixture of happy and surprised, so I set off and dug a few more targets and decided to check my setting and my recovery was at 8. Humm how is this possible

The final count was 9 coins and lots of stuff ! Barber Quarter 1909 s (wished it was the '0')
1899 indian
1 wheatie
Laplander

Nice finds from a well hunted spot. Was the quarter on edge that you tell? From the test that I read on the Nox there can be different responses from different directions when close to ferrous objects but still able to pull good non-ferrous targets out from the iron. Congrats on the Barber quarter. I hope to have my Nox 800 some.. I have a few iron infested areas that I want to hit with the Nox. Best of luck Laplander and HH

I honestly don't know if it was on edge as I was on the second or third scoop trying do a neat recovery in a yard?

Nice hunt Laplander.. Beauty of a Quarter!
The Equinox seems to retain its depth extremely well at higher Recovery speeds as long as your sweep speed is brisk..
I tested all speeds on an 8” Barber Dime before I dug it and it was solid tones all the way to 8..
The tones get clipped pretty good at the higher speeds but still good..

Bryan

Bryan V said:
Nice hunt Laplander.. Beauty of a Quarter!
The Equinox seems to retain its depth extremely well at higher Recovery speeds as long as your sweep speed is brisk..
I tested all speeds on an 8” Barber Dime before I dug it and it was solid tones all the way to 8..
The tones get clipped pretty good at the higher speeds but still good..

Bryan
Agreed, Minelab has a good right up about that in the recovery section. they refer to clipping has harder to see or something to that effect .
Laplander

Wow! Nice haul.

It's great seeing post like yours, Goes to show the equinox can get deep coins.

Congratulations!
Paul.

"decided to check my setting and my recovery was at 8. Humm how is this possible" What do you mean? You mean you thought it was on 10 and it was doing a great job even on 8? Bear with me, I'm slow. :biggrin: Nice diggin, Laplander!

Main thing is how did he find a deeper coin 7 inches while in recovery of 8? Pretty darn good depth for such a fast recovery speed.

If you go out hunting and you make adjustments the machine saves them and then you may not remember the next time you hunt and if you do not recheck settings you might have made an adjustment that is not good for the spot you are hunting.

Charlives said:
"decided to check my setting and my recovery was at 8. Humm how is this possible" What do you mean? You mean you thought it was on 10 and it was doing a great job even on 8? Bear with me, I'm slow. :biggrin: Nice diggin, Laplander!
I thought I was in 6, 8 is max and there have been a lot of comments about loss of depth with fast recovery speed, the only loss is the width of the target.
Slow down!!
Laplander

Very nice finds!
Nice to see what the machine can do in 8. I hunted in 7 yesterday in a very trashy old home site that has been converted in to a park. I did very well in terms of coin recovery in 7... didn't notice a clipping problem but had to hunt a bit fast. A few deep recoveries. I'm loving this machine. I think it's just going to get better as we put more time on it. Congrats on the Barber!

Dean

Some of you are saying the sweep speed has to be notched up a bit vs slowing down??? High recovery = faster sweep speeds??

Excellent post with sound advice.... as usual.
I'm a little confused, however, by your comment as to having an hour for a quickie :smoke: :lol:

jas415 said:
Some of you are saying the sweep speed has to be notched up a bit vs slowing down??? High recovery = faster sweep speeds??
Depends
Read "Swing rate" in the recovery section, the last paragraph defines my hunting areas.
You will have to decide what applies to your site!
Laplander

Digger said:
I'm a little confused, however, by your comment as to having an hour for a quickie :smoke: :lol:

And before church!

I have talked about fast swinging on the CTX forum and it helping to reveal a couple targets here and there. It isn't something I do all the time but as a last resort after maxing out sensitivity, Coil size, and whatever else I had available. Perhaps we are seeing the same thing here with the quicker swing compensating for the higher Recovery Speed.

Digger said:
Forgive me:angel:, now you know why I went to church :devil:LOL