Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Recovery Speed Adjustment

Canewrap

The great thing I see about this detector, that really sets it apart, is the ability to adjust the recovery speed.
What I need to know, is it possible to set this low enough to act like an Explorer or Safari? The reason I would
want to do this, is because sometimes when hunting a new field, the only indication that an old homesite or
activity area is nearby will be relatively deep targets (8 to 10 inches deep). This is moderately bad ground and there will often be pieces of iron
at the same depth, but not so many as to be trashy. When I do find what I'm looking for, the increased recovery
is a great feature to start cherry picking and figuring out if the site is worth starting to dig everything.

I recently help a new user who is quite proficient with his Safar, by proficient I mean deadly in open ground. As target concentration went up the Safari suffered exponentially. JMO

The only issue he had switching Machines other than learning the controls was as you increase the Recovery speed the target response narrows. We started in a noisy corner of a new yard where we where comparing signals and his first comment was this is to trashy. One by one I started letting him check my targets in the trash 1st came a silver dime then a token, Indians and some clad. Then the light came on as he watched my sweep speed {slow} and how I was able to wiggle the coil over possible targets.
We were hunting in field 1 recovery 6 to 7 Sensitivity 20 due to wifi emi in town.
When I am field hunt like you are asking about I generally run close to factory settings 5 to 6 and listen for iron concentrations in all metal with the volume in the iron bin down were it is just noticeable around 3 to 7.
One last bit of advice-don't get hung up on TID numbers This machine is spot on with tones I will dig good targets with no TID # only -- on the screen and a good repeatable tone.

HH Jeff

Thanks for the advice on TIDs, no worry there. I come from hunting with Tesoros and sound is definitely where it's at. I only want a machine like this for the sound adjustment capabilities (iron louder or softer and likewise nonferrous), the recovery speed adjustment, and the light weight. There are guys on here notching out certain numbers. I only worry about if its iron or not. In my experience, over certain depths - most TID machines shift numbers and you
could be passing up a gold ring if the TID number has shifted into one of your rejected IDs. In fact, I'm wondering just how deep the TIDs will go on this machine, before good targets shift into the iron range?

I don't see the tid going to iron just the display showing -- no digits. Play with raising the coil a little with each pass and you will see what I mean.
Jeff

Also on that high EMI, I have found that if you will noise cancel and if still noisy, then move the number up or down one number, and noise cancel again, you may have to do this three or four times until it gets quiet. I have no idea why or how but it works for me.

I read that to be the noise cancel number, but I've been wrong at least once before!

The noise cancel number, move it either way. I never adjust the sensitivity, left it at 23. But, I don't have bad-iron ground here in the Houston area. Try it and see if it helps! Has worked for me on several occasions.

jas415 said:
Also on that high EMI, I have found that if you will noise cancel and if still noisy, then move the number up or down one number, and noise cancel again, you may have to do this three or four times until it gets quiet. I have no idea why or how but it works for me.

I just tried the manual numbers and they worked fine. After several attempts with the auto noise cancel I remembered reading your post and gave it a try. Certainly quieted things down!