Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Red O ring (seal )

hershey1

I know you don't have to change batteries often but I have about lost my O ring twice. I thought about silicone grease to hold it in place. Has anyone else had this problem ? If so any recomendations? Thanks in advance. HH :minelab:

I like blue if it comes to that....

well you can peel it off and re-apply
[attachment 237932 DisplayImage.jpg]
just do not over do it ....just.... enuff to keep the gasket embedded in deep channel then before you set IT with the battery compression in to channel give it that wet look on the plastic as a release agent silicone gel .....that way one side holds the gasket and the battery does NOT stick or bond during compression .....and if and when they rain from the sky you can take a magnifier lamp and peel it all out of the channel.... gentle... hemostats....or worse comes to worse make your own out of a rubber band or Oring....

just some ideals..... manufacturer aint gonna tell you to use a sealer ...but water is the enemy.....never forget...

good thing to have in your kit and car

Happy Trails
jimpugh

Thanks Jim that is a better idea than the silicone grease. The grease will invite dirt. Corrosion on the battery terminals was my main concern. HH :minelab::thumbup:

Several of my (now ancient) "water resistant" detectors recommended use of silicon grease, but Minelab does not. The grease will attract minute quantities of grit which will eventually abrade things that should not be abraded. I would also worry about using stick'um of any sort because of the risk that it might make the gasket seal uneven. Unfortunately, the CTX3030 list of spares currently available does not seem to include these gaskets, but if we raise enough comment about it, maybe they'll get on the stick and start making them available. In the meantime, the best solution is to be very careful not to lose the gasket when you pull your battery and to keep it and the gasketed surfaces very clean. One of those little clothes they use for cleaning eye glasses works wonders.

What gasket i don't even have one must of lost it the first time i took out the battery.

n/t

When I first had the error messages daily for the first few weeks I almost lost it durring a battery reboot. I know of others waiting for one as Minelab has not had any to sell. That may have changed, as it been since middle of June!