Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

REGARDING THE IMPACT POSTS

Nokta Detectors

Hello all... I have been reading the posts regarding Impact.... I know most of you are looking for more info.
I will give you more insight but please bear with me as it is almost 11pm here and I believe it will take me more than a few sentences to respond.
So I am leaving it for tomorrow. I really hate to keep you waiting but I want to make sure that I explain it in the most sincere way possible yet not mislead anybody.
Although this happened out of our control, I still apologize from everybody that it caused confusion for some members.

Thank you Ms. Dilek, but don't be surprised if some people will want you to include a Racer as a freebie with an Impact or an Impact as a freebie with a Racer and don't forget munchies and dry socks in the accessory packs. Good luck to you and yours.

Glad to see you responded!......You have really been up front with everybody and listening to all of us!....You fixed what we wanted and really Listened to us all.
As long as the Impact is a Different Detector and not a clone at a Cheaper Price..I think it will all be ok.People on here where really starting to trust you.....(which is something that does not happen to often)..with a Detector Company!.....I know Business is Business and somethings just happen.....I think if you just Explain to everyone what happened...it will smooth out.....as long as you are Sincere.....Take it easy!!!

I have dealt with Dilek before with my Nokta questions and she has always been honest and quick to respond. I'm not sure, but I think she is the ONLY person handling all Nokta and Makro emails and forum Public relations. she is very dedicated to customers questions and needs. She must not get much sleep or time for her self. I dont think Nokta or Makro is trying to deceive anyone as customers have allways been their #1 priority. I used other american detectors for years and when I had an issue they took 2-3 Days to answer back and were not always helpful. I'm sure Dilek with always get things straightened out for their customers. Go Dilek!!

Regardless of the explanation.
Nokta still gets high scores for keeping a dialog with customers.
Nokta has still done more in the past few months in regards to customer care and interaction than some manufactures have done in their entire existence.

HH
Jason

jason said:
Regardless of the explanation.
Nokta still gets high scores for keeping a dialog with customers.
Nokta has still done more in the past few months in regards to customer care and interaction than some manufactures have done in their entire existence.
although I agree with there interest in there customers nokta wasn't the one listing they are the ones with the impact. makro has the racer and the ones you have been conversing with. nokta must have another group they are getting feed back on, that is deciding on what goes in there machine.. I know they are one company and I don't think they are trying to pull any thing, but they should let people know when they are putting out two machines from the same platform so close in performance if they are still going to act as two different company's or list them as racer and racer plus or pro. I know i don't like buying something, and the next day it is discontinued, goes on sale or the new model comes out, and the salesman didn't tell me. dfly

Nokta/Makro has the right to market their machines any way they want in my opinion. I used to be one of the first to buy the hottest new machine that came along, but now I let things shake out a little before buying. Good things come to those who wait.

Ya I agree, I see no fault with Nokta/Makro. I believe they were not ready to put that machine out yet. Look at how they introduced the Racer. They showed a picture of it with Santa Clause in Dec. and then started putting out some specs. They then posted what the MSRP would be and last but not least they sent out several machines to certain people to be tested and evaluated and finally got to a point that we the customers could start to pre-order. So we were well introduced to the machine before we could start to order it. I highly doubt that it was their intentions to introduce a machine that no one has even heard or had a hint about , to have KellyCo late Friday afternoon all the sudden just throw it on the Findmall forum and then a few hours later have the thread deleted. Hardly a way that any company would want to introduce a new product.

I pre-ordered my Racer, I had a chance to use the one that Monte received to evaluate. I also tried the Fors CoRe. And I will be be truthful here. I did want to start with the Fors CoRe fist with the intentions of getting the Racer later. Even before KC did their below the belt stunt I ordered the Racer simply because I chose not to do business with KC. I did in the past. I learned my lesson and will not go back. Since then I have found other sources on Ebay that will offer the CoRe at the same or better price then KC and I will use them.

As far as Nokta/Makro, they have been an outstanding Company as far as I'm concerned with their products and the customer service/customer care that they have provided so far. I'll even go as far to say a few detecting Companies here in the States could learn something.
Anyhow just my thoughts/opinions.

IF they want to keep us happyt they should tell us why that happened and how they can make us happy it they are not the same machines. If the impact offers more features then we should be able to have a choice...Lets see what they can do to fix this or screw it up...How would this spin in the USA with one of our compaines?? But hey I'm all for giving them the chance to talk to us and be open as they are and also to their dealers..

I will put my 2 cents in also.
I do believe that the Nokta/Makro is and fine company trying to do the best they can and and feel the dist and only dealer for the Impact here in the USA has jumped the gun and advertised the Impact before he was suppose to. I think this is the reason Minelab is so tight with the info to their dealers on any new detector they are working on as some just plain posted info on the Internet before they were suppose to, now they let the dealer know a little info at a time maybe a week before it is publicity announced. I think this is what happened with the Impact as this detector was being built to be announced around April, or released about that time. Being KC is the only Nokta dealer here in the USA they were notified about the new Impact they are coming out with, but not available yet and will be in the future they made the decision to post it for sale on their web page to see what kind of response they will get and try to pick up some of the Racers sales. I notice the ad showed limited stock and wonder if anyone tried to buy one yet only to be told they don't have any in stock. Has any of the dist or dealers in other county's have posted anything on the new Impact, I haven't heard of any so this is why I feel KC just jumped the gun on this for some reason or other. I also wonder if the price they posted is right or wrong and the only way we will know if someone buys one at the price they listed??

Rick

Ok------Let's all just take a deep breath---set back---and see what she (Dilek) has to say.--------Nokta/Makro (at least up to this point) has been VERY good at communication (and sharing info) with us.-------We are supposed to get a statement from her today regarding all this.-------I thought we would have it by now---maybe they are in a board meeting.:)

will be interesting to see if they can put a positive spin on this....maybe update all Racers with the new features (i.e., confess) and delay first shipments another couple weeks....

they really should terminate their relationship with K co.....that was a pretty sleezy move....

Mommy, make it stop! I'm so scared I cant even tell the difference between a T2 and an F75!
Let it breathe. It will be warm again soon and we will all be ok.

treasure_hunter said:
Whould sure hate to have some of the people here on a jury, already have a verdict with out the case even being presented yet..

I dominated the conviction on my last jury duty, haha

hopefully NokMak can assess the 'impact' in a timely manner....

They really have to think about this if the impact is a better mouse trap. I really like iron audio and the small coil so what are they going to do....welcome to America

I'm sure they were shocked by the impact that the leak of the Impact had. They are probaly trying to figure out what impact the Impact will have on the sale of the racer and what kind of impact it will have on the small retailers who will feel the impact from Kco being the only US dealer selling the Impact.:rofl: