Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

REGARDING THE IMPACT POSTS

Well if it is a better mouse trap then I want it and I'm sure others will feel the same way. So now they have to damage control and that is the price you have to pay for being so open...BUT they have a chance to move ahead of the class and impress a lot of us and win a lot of us over to their side. If they can stay in the game offer new and better products for the future and keep an open line with us then they won't have anything to worry about...

even though they have supposable merged into one they are doing business as usual. they have the higher end nokta line and the makro line if you will, and people that like nokta will be buying the impact and those that like the makro line will stick with the racer just like fisher and teknics, chevy and gmc.. dfly

Hello all… As promised, I wanted to give you the insight on the Impact posts that have been going around for the past few days which caused a lot of confusion.
First of all, I will repeat a few things that were already mentioned in our Makro acquisition announcement so I am sorry if it is repetition for some of you guys but I see a lot of confusion about Nokta and Makro brands in general apart from the ‘’Impact’’ posts. Nokta and Makro were 2 separate manufacturers owned by 2 brothers in the past with their own distribution channels. Although the companies were owned by 2 brothers, they were competitors just like they were competing against other brands in the industry. A few years ago, Nokta bought certain shares of Makro and started to develop products for them and as of December 2014, Nokta completely bought out Makro. In short, there is one manufacturer with 2 different brands right now. The merger gave us grounds to offer customers a richer product portfolio at different price points.

You need to understand that Nokta and Makro have had different distribution channels simply because they were 2 separate companies in the past and many of our customers wanted it to keep it that way after the merger. As the Makro RACER created a lot of excitement around the world, some Nokta dealers asked for new products under the Nokta brand name as well. Basically there were 2 things in discussion with certain resellers:

1) Rebranding the Makro RACER under the Nokta brand name

2) Nokta’s future projects including the ‘’Impact’’

With option number 1, there were a few emails exchanged however when the situation was evaluated, the final decision was not to rebrand the RACER but rather wait for the future Nokta projects and ‘’Impact’’ was the one in discussion. Unfortunately, there was a misunderstanding and confusion at the Kellyco end certain posts were made for a product that we had decided not to move forward with already. When I saw the posts, I personally made the call and asked them to be removed.
So to clarify it even further – Currently no product called ‘’Impact’’ exists at this time. There is a project called ‘’Impact’’ in the works which is really very early to talk about but that project has nothing to do with RACER in terms of design, features, specs etc. The features or specs have not been implemented or tested yet. The price point-definitely above the RACER range. RACER customers should not be concerned as there is no Nokta product being launched as seen in the images in the Impact posts.
There are some posts accusing us of being not honest where I personally made every effort to be as sincere as I could. However, honesty does not mean we can share all our future projects on public forums. No manufacturer could afford to do that.
This is all I will share for now but I will be here to answer questions. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and thank you for your understanding.

Thanks much! No worries here.
Say, you don't have a project named 'Cazador' in the works do you? Hey, one can hope right? :)
Keep up the good work and good luck!

bik-il said:
Thanks much! No worries here.
Say, you don't have a project named 'Cazador' in the works do you? Hey, one can hope right? :)
Keep up the good work and good luck!

Now THAT is some funny stuff right there.....

Thank you for the informed response, Dilek.

Thanks Dilek and Nokta/Makro for your response. I look forward to future products and in the meantime I will be enjoying my new Racer Pro Pack when it arrives soon.

thanx for the update I like the fors CoRe but will see what new technology nokta is coming up with.. by the way who came up with the impact add did they get it from nokta or was that something Kco came up with on there own. it would say a lot for there business practice if it was just to d-rail the racer to push there nokta line. dfly

oregon_dragonfly said:
thanx for the update I like the fors CoRe but will see what new technology nokta is coming up with.. by the way who came up with the impact add did they get it from nokta or was that something Kco came up with on there own. it would say a lot for there business practice if it was just to d-rail the racer to push there nokta line. dfly

You mean the text on that link?

If there is not "impact" detector in the works were did Kellyco get the information that they posted. Also, if you have a project called impact that your working on how would kellyco know about it.

Detectojer said:
If there is not "impact" detector in the works were did Kellyco get the information that they posted. Also, if you have a project called impact that your working on how would kellyco know about it.

There is a project in the works called ''Impact'' and of course it will turn into a physical unit one day but not the one shown on the internet.
Kellyco knows about Impact because we shared some info with them. You need to understand that our exclusive dealers have a right to ask for products under the brand they are distributing when they see the same company coming out with a very good product such as the RACER. Kellyco is not the only one as we distribute products to many different countries. We, as the manufacturer, also have the responsibility to develop new products for our resellers and end users.

Thanks for the info!! I hope that this detector is out in the next few months and is the on on the kelly co website if it is I will surely be purchasing one. Especially with the features that kelly co mentioned. Thanks again.

[size=large]Honestly I thought the Impact looked like a GREAT machine, sad to see that it isn't so....at least not yet :poke:[/size]

It had the features to differentiate it enough from the T2 & F75 that I would buy one.

So then can you tell me, Was the reason you lowered the MSRP of the Fores was to simply offer something to the Nokta dealers to help compete with the Racer?
Thank You.

Good job letting us know what happened and posting it..I'm sure our American Compaines could learn a thing or two from you and the way you have dealt with this...Good job and the best part is we know you will be there for us in the future as we will be for you...Good luck with the Racer I as many will be getting one while some of the other compaines will see their sales slow down a bit I think we all have learned a thing or two from this...It's nice to have a newer company talk to us and I know the way we feel about Kelly Co may not make a dent in their loss of sales...but you should expand and sell to more venders even know not many can match their volume its the independents that for the most part are there for us...Later now get that racer out so we can all find some history

shoover said:
So then can you tell me, Was the reason you lowered the MSRP of the Fores was to simply offer something to the Nokta dealers to help compete with the Racer?
Thank You.

Not really...basically FORS was launched more than a year ago before the acquisition took place. The merger gave us grounds to offer products at lower prices which I believe would be appreciated by most customers.

Nokta Detectors said:
shoover said:
Thank You.

Not really...basically FORS was launched more than a year ago before the acquisition took place. The merger gave us grounds to offer products at lower prices which I believe would be appreciated by most customers.

It's greatly appreciated, unheard of in this hobby, and I applaud you for doing it.

People use a little Brain Power when asking questions about certain pricing decisions etc. Ms. Dilek cannot divulge every little question that we can conjure up,some asked in a "gottcha mode". Use your Brain--would your own company answer every probing question you could come up with,most would probably put you on the watch list. Show some maturity,at least pretend some.