Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Release date, Maybe....

Minelab Mal mentioned at the end of his latest YouTube video that the Equanox will be out at the end of November or early December. I don’t know what kind of connections he has to Minelab but I hope he has a good source.

Heard thim say that hat also, but keep in mind he's in the UK... possibly different release dates than in the US.

He runs the Minelab Owners forum in the UK, he is probably well connected. I hope he is right on the time frame.

Dont that put a bur under your saddle? All the testing done....... several videos on dirt, yet it has more potential as a beach machine since they say it cant out perform the CTX. So that leaves us water hunters in limbo about will it or wont it be a good water machine. Im sure not going to buy one until i know.

Dew

dewcon4414 said:
Dont that put a bur under your saddle? All the testing done....... several videos on dirt, yet it has more potential as a beach machine since they say it cant out perform the CTX. So that leaves us water hunters in limbo about will it or wont it be a good water machine. Im sure not going to buy one until i know.

Dew

What makes you think the Equinox will outperform the CTX or other FBS ?
It is around half the Price.
It will have similar capability in some ways and will be faster but its still half the price.

As for Mal in that other Forum , he is a Moderator . I think he's on here somewhere if i remember right but dont know his user name if he is.

Nuke em said:
dewcon4414 said:

Dew

It will have similar capability in some ways and will be faster but its still half the price.

As for Mal in that other Forum , he is a Moderator . I think he's on here somewhere if i remember right but dont know his user name if he is.

so if they were selling them for say $1700 it would be a better machine..I see now.....wish it was $1700 now...

I hope Mal is right and the release is only a few weeks away. I've been happy with every Minelab detector I've owned and I'm sure the Equinox 800 will be a great $900 detector, land or sea.

Dew I'm with you: Maybe there is a reason we have not seen a beach video. Think about it. Just sayin!

I got a call from Kellyco on the Equinox. They said it would be released in Dec.

Remember, ML is going to just come out and say, "This is better than all our other machines for a really low price." That doesn't make good marketing sense. Read between the lines.

\"Carolina\" said:
Dew I'm with you: Maybe there is a reason we have not seen a beach video. Think about it. Just sayin!

I think they just haven't had time or maybe cant be bothered . Land lovers always treat beach detectorists like the lower class LOL

Nuke em said:
\"Carolina\" said:

I think they just haven't had time or maybe cant be bothered . Land lovers always treat beach detectorists like the lower class LOL

bunch of damn sand crabs shuffling around in the surf! LOL. No, it would be more a case of jealousy. I love digging silver, but even my best years ever werent even close to a good weekend for a beach hunter and gold.

I think the issue is that the testers arent allowed to post any info. Almost everything we have seen have come from the official "touchy feely" event at detectival and then a couple eastern Europe guys has posted a few vids (most likely in violation of the contracts they signed). Think about it, we have a tester here on the forum. What has he said about the EQ? not more than a couple words. Certainly no videos from him. Did he hunt it in the water? Dunno because like all the other testers, hes not talking.

I can understand being cautious about new tech in surf, its just about the worst environment possible to hunt. I think its a step too far to infer that the machine is incapable of doing well there simply because there hasnt been a pre-release video about it. Think about it, Minelab has a HUGE chunk of the water hunting game already. they aren't competing for that. They are competing for the lightweight land machines where lately they have lost a lot of market share. All the specs for the machine say it should be a solid contender for the surf. The CTX wasnt sold as a beach machine either (all terrain, but not specific ocean beach) but does really well there along being a great land hunter.

Nuke em said:
dewcon4414 said:

Dew

Price doesn't equal performance. See Garrett GTI 2500 vs AT Pro. The AT Pro will run circles around the gti at "half the price". Newer technology, in this case 5 years newer, usually equates to better performance. I have the CTX and love it, I am wagering the Equinox will be better.

Nuke em:

I'll take that wager!!!

BootyHunter said:
Nuke em said:
dewcon4414 said:

Dew

Price doesn't equal performance. See Garrett GTI 2500 vs AT Pro. The AT Pro will run circles around the gti at "half the price". Newer technology, in this case 5 years
newer, usually equates to better performance. I have the CTX and love it, I am wagering the Equinox will be better.

Newer doesnt mean better .....it could.....but look at the machines in most of the discussion here....Sov and excal...early 90s, explorers....shortly after.....still top beach detectors and inland hunters.......
I cant comment on Garrets...havent used enough of them...
Shadow X5.....still one of if not the best..... small jewelry hunters.
Its fun to watch the back and forth but time has surely shown new isnt necessarily better.....

\"Carolina\" said:
Nuke em:

I'll take that wager!!!

What wager's that ?

I think the Equinox will be faster and very good on some targets . But as for stable depth on the salt wet i think all the FBS and BBS will be better . I will be happy with 10 inch depth in the water . But its whether the machine is stable that matters to me.

As for that Garrett 2500 , thats old and a new AT Max is going to better it in some things but i have never used the 2500 and only had the AT Pro for a short time before i just couldn't jell with it and flogged it off.
Its the tones that i need and minelab seems to get that right almost every time. The numbers are good too .

I think its so funny how so many on here have decided that its impossible for this machine to be as good or better than the CTX. I have used CTX since day 1 preordered and I can say its a great machine but it has limits in hot soil it struggles. This new machine so far from very creditable sources will out perform the ctx and all VLFs in hot soil. So that tells me Multi IQ maybe a game changer. Now as for "no way at half the cost" anyone who purchased a tv in the last 3 years knows they are way cheaper and yet some how way better then tvs 5 years ago. So, if your already so sure before you try it based on its price then great keep whatever you swing. To say its impossible is just narrow minded. It may not be better but it maybe and I have seen Dues and others beat my CTX in certain conditions. Its a tool in tool box NO MACHINE can do every soil and setting. Just like a hammer works on nails yet sucks on screws. We will soon see and If it does not match the FBS or come dam close I will gladly eat crow! Will you " No Way " guys eat crow?????

mtwolf2270 said:
I think its so funny how so many on here have decided that its impossible for this machine to be as good or better than the CTX. I have used CTX since day 1 preordered and I can say its a great machine but it has limits in hot soil it struggles. This new machine so far from very creditable sources will out perform the ctx and all VLFs in hot soil. So that tells me Multi IQ maybe a game changer. Now as for "no way at half the cost" anyone who purchased a tv in the last 3 years knows they are way cheaper and yet some how way better then tvs 5 years ago. So, if your already so sure before you try it based on its price then great keep whatever you swing. To say its impossible is just narrow minded. It may not be better but it maybe and I have seen Dues and others beat my CTX in certain conditions. Its a tool in tool box NO MACHINE can do every soil and setting. Just like a hammer works on nails yet sucks on screws. We will soon see and If it does not match the FBS or come dam close I will gladly eat crow! Will you " No Way " guys eat crow?????

I agree ...just thinking maybe this is a better machine will keep me enjoying going over all the places I've been and learning a new tech machine...because I no my Etrac isn't going to do it....it's done it a 100 times ..just don't want to keep fishin in the tub...maybe this will be something that will snag something...at least the excitement is back again...can't wait to get mine..

A new machine nearly always gets something the others missed......for a while.