Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Relic Hunter?

John (Ma)

For those that have experience with other detectors relic hunting, does the equinox relic nunt well? I have heard mixed on this topic. I've seen where this detector shines on the beach and coin shooting while owners use other detectors for their relic hunting? Just curious :beers:

I love mine for relic hunting. I love it for beach hunting too. It shines on low to mid conductors and ain't too shabby for high conductors. The only time I use something else is when I am in very high mineral ground, and then I go to a pulse machine.

I love mine for relic hunting and I used to be about a 90% relic detectorist, but since I have an Equinox I have delved into water, beach and yard...it does it all quite well.

Interesting enough the beach water combo has been the most profitable, but will always be a relic / field hunter at heart.

Jeff

I like it as a relic hunting machine. I usually run it in Park 2, multi-freq, 50 tones, then select all metal so I can hear all of the iron as low grunts.

It's hit on items so tiny I couldn't see them and my pinpointer wouldn't hit on them.

The numbers are squirrely for relic hunting, though. TID for some brass and lead overlap, and P-caps hit really low on the TID--around an 8-9.

On my most recent relic hunt, .58s were ringing up around 17-18, eagle cuff and shirt/coat buttons rang up 13 and 17 respectively; camp lead came up reading anywhere from 9-17 depending on the size of the lead.

In other words, the TID wasn't a BIG help identifying targets. I was hunting under some high tension power lines and hit a repeatable mid-tone that read "9" and dug the percussion cap. The larger buttons seemed to come in around 16/17, but I dug a larger Virginia 2-piece that was heavier that rang up a 27-28. I was thinking coin as I dug it.

Depth was not a problem though. I dug a .45 round ball that had to be every bit of 10" deep and it was a solid, repeatable signal.

My previous relic machine was a F-75.

Hope this helps

At DIV 42 at Beauregard Farm, a friend of mine hunted exclusively with the Equinox and took home a nice case of relics, brass and lead. Several that use the GPX will have the Equinox as their backup machines.

I've been loving mine for relic hunting. I wouldn't saw it's the best in heavy iron, at least not with the 11" coil (my Multi Kruzer with it's 11" coil handles iron pretty well). I have, but have not yet tried the 6" coil, I'm sure for heavy iron it'll be much better.

It loves old soldered tin cans and that flat rusty tin/flat iron at old sites, but it also loves silver, gold and buttons like no tomorrow. I've made some very nice finds with it this year, overall I'm very happy with it.

You better believe it’s a relic hunter. I Relic Hunt 95% of all of my Detecting time. This year since I received the equinox February 12th I have found over 90 bullets, 2 South Carolina button, a Riflemans button, several Eagle buttons, several flat buttons, a 10lb Parrot Shell, a complete stirrup and lots more. Best relic machine out in my opinion. Awesome in mineralized soils and heavy iron concentrations. I run mine in Field 2 2 tones.

I use mine for relics and just recently have been trying it on gold. I think its an excellent machine. In gold mode it definitely handles the bad ground better than my Terra 705 did. Wish it had a 10" elliptical coil option though for gold. It's supplied coil is good but can be a pain getting caught up in sticks. It's a great all rounder.

The Equinox is a very capable relic machine but it doesn't ID things as well as I'd like. I still prefer using the Deus for relic hunting.

I hear that often from Dues owners that they prefer them over anything else relic hunting. I do like the dues sounds over a target