Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

replacment battery for WM10

jas415

I did some searches for a replacment battery for the wireless. Seems there are lot of them that are close but the physical sizes are either two large with the same 3.7v Lipo 1000mah or too small mAH. Does anyone have a direct replacment battery anywhere that can be bought? I have two WM10's and swapped the battery from the new one into the old bad one and it worked great, just need to get a new battery now for the old WM10. I talked/email with Minelab Service, Jamie, and she says they dont 'sell' the battery (replacment parts, etc., ) but she is checking on a way to assist me. Very helpful I would add and I really, really, appreciate her assistance.

Battery is 2" long, 1 5/8 wide, and 5/16 thick with a rubber pad on it. Says MINMAX 0303-0036 Part No.:01.51.527 LIPO63448 3.7V 1000mAH and a date of 2011-10-08

Any help or a site link is appreciated.

too small mAh is only a problem if you will run it down with a long hunt.
if you cant find an exact replacement, I'd go with the one that fits physically and live with a little less time (how much diff is there in the mAh's?).

There was a thread about replacement batteries a few years ago search in the CTX forum and you should find it.

does this help?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2ozOfn2GwE

seems to be an easy to get battery off Ebey

Search for LC 703440 3.7 1200 mah (or more mah maybe without changes in dimensinal size)

or this off Ebey.
Just type the following in a search and you should see the link:

Replacement Battery 1600mAh 3.7_Volts For ZIPIT Zipit Z2, Wireless Messenger Z2.

Ask the seller for dimensions.
It might fit and given it's got 1600mAh should be an even better alternative.:cheers:

David Di

Be more than a little suspicious of chinese battery ratings...I've seen more fiction printed on lithium batteries from China than found in most bookstores. ;)

(I get about a 1 honest to 10 bogus ratio when I measure different amazon/ebay chinese LiPO capacities.)
:)
mike

In digging into those suggested above they are all 3" or more longer and most are 2" wide and more thick than the wm10 can handle. The ones that will actually fit inside are smaller mAh, like 300, 350, and 600. Even the 800 and 850 mAh ones are too long most of the time. It has to be 2" or less long, 1 5/8" or less wide and less than 5/16" thick.

The old postings on here only suggest similar searchs but after aboput 10 hours of searching out 3.7v batteries and Ah ratings, I finally sent an email to MINMAX southern area in Lewisville Texas for help[. They built it so maybe they can help without paying 10 times the barttery cost to get it replaced. Got another email from Minelab service and she may have a solution for me. She is a super Minelab Customer Service asset!

It is really as simple thing, take out 4 screws, lift the cover, pull the battery connector out and put a new on in, put cover back on and screw it down. Too bad there it is such a difficult size. Tons of RC Quad Copter and other model stuff out there but just not physically the small enogugh size. I just had a brain wave, it dont have to fit inside the box! It could be connected and attached outside the box, maybe wrapped and insulated. I always carry it around my neck inside a plastic waterproof wallet/document carrier anyway. Would look a bit Southern Engineered but better than tossing a $250 wireless or paying a ton to get it replaced.

Thanks For the assistance.

just get a RC car battery that will fit dimensions wise, volt wise 3.7 is nominal which means it will charge to around 4.2 volts and pretty sure at that size it will be a lipo as that's what came out & easy 2 wire solder job and its done. mah probably going to be around the same for the size of that one cell battery.

I don't use the wm10 just more crap I need to charge and cart around , but looks like an easy fix and just for posterity the minmax brand is made in china and el cheapo anyway so what ever you find on ebay that has sold a lot at the right size physically & voltage should be a goer :biggrin:

AJ

Exactly what I am saying, it is easy to get a 3.7v LIPO battery, it is mortal hell to get one that will fit! Like someone above mentioned, get a smaller MAh which is a smaller phusical size, and it will work, just not as long as normal. Anyway, Jamie at Minelab Service, bless her heart, had an old used one laying around that works perfectily and is sending it to me.

Being as how I use earbuds and keep the WM10 in a plastic water proof case around my neck, I am going to modify the case by cutting a small channel between the top and bottom cases, get a 1600mAh battery and put it into a plastic case and strap it to the WM10. It might be a bit ugly but it will work.

Thanks for the input guys.

this will fit easy http://www.batteryspace.com/polymerli-ioncell37v750mah603048-10c27wh75arate.aspx

there is stuff out there that will fit inside the WM10 and its a simple job if you can do the external one you can do this :biggrin:

have a look around just look for single cell lipo and check size the size you gave equates to 50 mm x 40 mm

good luck.

AJ