Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Road trippin fun and a major goal reached:thumbup:

DrBobinMO

Had another great road trip on Saturday. Was supposed to go on Tuesday but after getting up at 4:30 AM and getting all ready, I opened my garage door to load up and see white stuff everywhere and still falling from the sky:rant: Of course the roads were too bad for a long road trip so plans changed to Saturday. It worked out good too because this way LabradorBob was able to join me and Ray-Mo for some detecting fun. I have been wanting to meet him for a long time and glad I finally did. He is a great guy.

Upon arriving at our site, it was still in the low 20's with frost on the ground. After a few minutes of detecting, the frost was building up on my coil like a snow cone from scrubbing the grass. I was on a quest for 5 more silver coins so I could hit 100 for the season for the first time. It took about 2 hours until I could get my first one but as you can see by the pics and video I did hit that mark plus one. 101 for the year so far!!!

The coolest part was that #100 on the year was the Barber half and it is the first one I had ever found. On the way there, Ray and I were talking about them and how I had never found one but wanted to so bad. Then, just when I least expect it I get one. How cool is that!

This trip also produced my second seated dime of the year and what a beauty she was. Full liberty and all. :super:

After getting the 5 silver I needed, my goal then shifted to getting my first dime slam ever. I had the hard to find seated and roosie, I had the merc, all I needed was the Barber. They were there. Ray had one, LabradorBob had 2 of them, I just had to find mine. I looked and I looked and I looked.....well into dark. Couldn't find it. So Ray and I hopped to another spot that has produced and was lit up better. We hunted several hours in the dark but to no avail.

Ray suggested we try another spot..... side note here.... This just shows how good a hunting partner Ray is, we met up at 6:30 that morning and detected all day. It is now after 8 PM, been dark for hours, still have a couple hour drive home, and he is still plugging along with me so that I could achieve the slam. How awesome is that!!!

As we are detecting to the car, about 5 feet from the back door where I store my detector, the ground I stood directly on 2 hours before that, at a depth of only 3 inches, the next barber dime comes out of the ground:yo:

BUT IT WAS RAY WHO FOUND IT!!!!!!! :rage: Can you believe he did that to me!! All kidding aside, of course I was happy for him but it did kinda take the wind out of my sails and I packed it in. Getting that first slam gives me something else to look forward to as a challenge next season.

All in all its been a great season. Hitting the 100 mark was a great thrill. I am especially proud that 100 of the 101 silver have all come from public spots that have all been previously detected by other people. Only my first silver of the season, a Roosie, was found at a private house site while relic hunting. This to me just proves how good the E-trac is at finding what others have missed.

Here are a few pics of the days finds
377002_10150474939988817_816773816_8273928_103445093_n.jpg

381696_10150474940118817_816773816_8273929_1393927873_n.jpg

386223_10150474939868817_816773816_8273927_183083627_n.jpg

386616_10150474940288817_816773816_8273930_584805876_n.jpg

And the video of the fun
[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVznQ30uxN0[/video]

I just watched this video on youtube before the post. I had to pick my jaw off the desk. Great hunt!

LandOLincoln said:
I just watched this video on youtube before the post. I had to pick my jaw off the desk. Great hunt!

Well I didn't have to pick my jaw up off of anything :clsoedeyes:

I'd slowly "lost" my jaw from all of Bob's 95 silver finds from this year!!!!!! :stretcher:

Thanks for the inspiration, videos and pictures Bob! Here's to your great season!!!

[attachment 217894 Greatseasonpicture.jpg]

NebTrac

I honestly wished you would have found it for a grand slam but that is the way it goes.I guess two firsts in one hunt was enough lol.....

Congratulations on finding your 100th and 101st for the year Bob, the video was great and I was happy to share the excitement of that great hunt. The seated dime is lovely as is that Barber half - I got my first one this year as well. Best of luck in 2012!

Man that was a GREAT video. I love your use of the macro. This should be a model for showing digs/finds. I also love to see the hunt and signals, but I know that takes more than two hands most of the time. Congratulations on the 101 and the Barber. Makes me want to jump up and go right now!! Again, great video.

HH
Bob

I would have hit a tot lot or schoolyard for a clad dime. Would that have counted for your dime slam? idigid

Congrats on a fantastic year, first barber half and #100 silver WOW :surprised: Awesome hunt guys.

OUTSTANDING

Great Video

How does one get invited to these Road Trips?:twodetecting:

Just Amazing

How many States did you cover and which States did you detect at?
Inquiring minds want to know:biggrin:

Awesome video,and getting to meet you was fantastic.
We had a lot of fun that day.
Hope to get together again soon.
Guess i should wash and post my finds.
Glad to get to meet you and congrats on the silvers

LabradorBob

Fantastic!:drool:

Looks like you guys had a great time together and a great hunt!:thumbup:

Nice video!:clapping:

Thanks for all the great replies everyone!!

spywiz said:
Man that was a GREAT video. I love your use of the macro. This should be a model for showing digs/finds. I also love to see the hunt and signals, but I know that takes more than two hands most of the time. Congratulations on the 101 and the Barber. Makes me want to jump up and go right now!! Again, great video.

HH
Bob

Yup, the Kodak Zi6 has great macro. I used to do full digs, but way too time consuming with filming and editing. Besides, all the clean signals are gone in the places I hunt so many times I am a little surprised when it is silver. Can never tell for sure with the iffy signals.

Idprospector said:
I would have hit a tot lot or schoolyard for a clad dime. Would that have counted for your dime slam? idigid

I only wish:detecting:

banditicey said:
OUTSTANDING

Great Video

How does one get invited to these Road Trips?:twodetecting:

Just Amazing

How many States did you cover and which States did you detect at?
Inquiring minds want to know:biggrin:

If you are ever in our area, consider yourself invited:thumbup:

This year I only covered 3 states. Missouri, Minnesota, and Kansas.

Joe Diggerall said:
Looks like Chanute Kansas butcher token.
You must have in the Humbolt, Chanute, Iola area.
Did you make it on down to Parsons?

With that deduction, the borders of Indiana and Colorado must have changed since I found tokens from both of those states in what I consider Missouri this year.

But thanks for the heads up, I'll do some research on those towns and see if there is anything interesting worth hunting there.

No, never been to Parsons.

Now THAT is a great hunt!! I'd have had to change my pants a couple of times if it had been me.....lol. Congratulations on all the great finds and the inspiring video. Seeing such nice old coins come out of the dirt gives me hope. And speaking of hope.....I hope the weather holds out. A mild winter in Missouri sure would be nice...not much chance of me hitting 100+ for the year but I'm at 39 and 40 or more could happen..... .
Happy Hunting in the future.