Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Rutus Atrex Maiden Voyage

Took out the Atrex for first time yesterday evening for couple hours first thoughts very impressed quoting what I heard Keith Southern say when listening to workings of machine reminded him of the Nautilus machines ( IIb-IIba) basically listening to a low all ground threshold hum then when a non-ferrous target is located chirp comes through was also able to run new F-Pulse beside it no problem. I grew up in eastern Virginia on Nautilus machines I will love this one. I have hunted this area with Whites, Minelab and Nokta machines and pulled these buttons and a couple of really bad shape bullets up. Not to knock any of the machines I listed I have pulled Plates and Confed buttons out of this area with them. The Atrex will be another gun in the arsenal.

Attachments

• IMG_0208.jpg
    IMG_0208.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 51
I'm a big fan of the old Nautilus machines too so it's interesting to hear that the Atrex reminds you of them. If it's as deep as the old Naughtys you might need to get a bigger shovel. Very nice buttons.

They all came about five inches out of this Winchester Va area ground which can be tricky at times as far as matching the depth of my naughtys in that loamy southern Virginia soil that well be tough the only thing there I think can hang with a naughty there is a GPX . Jerry's machines were so ahead of there time it's incredible. Same thing with Whites machines in bad ground. I don't know if Rutus was after that but is damn sure eerie. I'll hunt more with it and post any finds and give my impression on it. I'll get to hunt for a couple of days in Petersburg Va soon and find out.

The Atrex should be an excellent machine for you. I am running their newer Versa and getting very impressive performance on some well hunted mineralized sites. I assume your unit is running the updated Multi frequency. Rutus is soon to release another update for the Atrex that will include improvements found in the Versa. Keep us posted.

Reactions: PDH
@Olddigger2 The new update for Atrex is now available on the Rutus website.

Went out second time with Atrex today North Carolina shined on me today .69 round ball pistol ball .58 minie broke harmonica reed. Sunburst was 6 and a half inches deep. and about a half a dozen square nails I can't get away from them things. I think this machine will be a keeper once I learn it well. Sunburst was cuff size loop in tact no backmark.

Attachments

• IMG_0221.jpg
    IMG_0221.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0223.jpg
    IMG_0223.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0225.jpg
    IMG_0225.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 24
A very pretty button & some nice lead too. Glad your getting on well.