Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Rutus Versa on Mineralized test bed

JCR TX

A short video(my first) with the newly released NC 3.7 software.

Nice video so when discrimination falls of the unit sounds like it is in all metal mode. Your soil looks like alot of iron oxides. Does the machine have a dirt meter .

I had the Versa in Park Dual mode so people could hear what the AM channel response sounds like too. When the Disc/Tone dynamic channel misses the target, you still get the AM response. What I have noticed on the Versa is that it doesn’t call a non ferrous target Iron at fringe detection. It calls it the correct tone or not at all. My red dirt sites do have a lot of natural iron oxides. The Versa does not have a Mineralization meter. I wish it did. It does handle the soil better than any other machine I have ever used, including the Tarsacci.
I’m glad you liked the video & hope it will be helpful to others. I will try to improve my camera skills in the future.

I’m just a detector nut with some bad soil relic sites. My understanding is that the Versa is a very capable salt beach machine. It has 2 dedicated Beach modes, one of which is a Dual mode. The Tarsacci is the only other modern detector I am aware of that has that capability. Prices start a little over $800. In the USA you have to order direct from Rutus or their UK dealer, Detecnicks who has a EBay storefront. That is how I purchased mine. Shipped to Texas in 12 days.

That’s why Rutus gives the operator the option to choose normal Disc only mode or the Dual mode. I use the Disc only mode most of the time, but the Dual modes are a powerful tool on the right site & conditions.

The volume is adjustable. I had it turned up for the video.