Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Safari and I'd numbers and pinpointing

sharps

Sometimes when I am doing a sweep I notice that the numbers are changing but i hear no noise from the detector. What am I doing wrong?
Also when i use the pinpoint option it will go off on the target and all over. Hit the pinpoint again and it works fine. Thank you

What the Safari is doing is nulling out thing's such as small iron or what ever you have notched out and it will hit on item's that are not notched such as silver,copper,brass but watch your curses it will bounce around and let you know whats in the ground. Thats why when i get into a really trashy area i put on a small coil. Also go real slow you will sniff out good target amongst junk. I run mostly coin mode with everything notched out except 15,16,17 and 28 too 39 thats it i run in manual mode at 18 sometimes lower depends on the ground but i hope this helps and ground balance coil on the ground about every 30 minutes! Hope this helps.

Good advice from Sasquache, It has been my experience that when I am set to go into PP mode, that I start by raising the coil a couple of feet above the imaginary "x" of the target. As I lower the coil, If I start hearing the audio feedback at a height of approximately eight inches or higher, chances are the target is a bit larger than a coin. Depending on where I am hunting, it is just more info to help me determine if I choose to dig or not at that time ..... HH
PS add 14 to your acceptable tid's ....that's where tatonka (buffalo's) and V nickels show up for me...... HH