Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Safari being Challenged

Prep1957

Have not been out hunting to much this year mainly because I locate utilities for a living so having a detector in my hand 12 hours a day then coming home not to much in mood to grab another and go coin hunting.When I have been out Safari has been doing great finding one or two Indians everytime.Anyway a friend of mine bought a CTX 3030 I have a small park that I hunted for 35 years it is 200feet by 200 feet I have at least 100 Safari hours on it.I told him when he gets comfortable with CTX3030 come down and hunt the park I bet him he will not find 5 coins.It has lots of rusty nails.The loser has to pay dinner at fine dining place we know of that is hard to get out of without spending 300 bucks.This park has produced in the past silver 3 cent coins,bust silver dimes over 50 large cents so I am looking forward to the hunt in about a month will let you know.

Order a salad...

:minelab:Ain't no meal worth $300.00. But that is a great challenge. I still use my Safari occasionally. Minelab makes some great toys. Keep us posted. HH :minelab:

Those nails can be a problem for you too, how do you adjust your machine to contend with them. I use high trash, all metal blank out -8 thru -1 and 40 , use the a man sens at a level where the low sounds don't completely dominate the swing. By allowing some low iron sound and adjusting sens for it I can avoid most nails and still get acceptable depth. Maybe you have found a better way?

No not really,I think my use of 6X8 coil took care of about 70 percent of nail problem over pro coil.I run with 6 and 7 open for wedding bands.14 and 15 open for nickels,25 to 39 open for coins everything else closed.I run sensitivity hot so I hear more iron targets than most people but dig only larger iron objects when I want too.High Trash,Conductive,Threshold loud enough to hear null out.I set my sensitivity in all metal by first going to auto and sweeping spot that might produce 3 targets in auto.Increase my sensitivity until the 3 targets have gained in response or in most cases I have picked up more targets than original sweep of same area that started with just 3.These extra targets are in most cases not false signals but smaller pieces of Iron when they show up I know I am running hot enough and now I have a working sensitivity number for that hunt site to go higher or lower by one or 2 numbers for that site.I find a lot of coins within 1 inch or almost touching Iron nail.I will get fooled by rusty wire for some reason it sounds good.I see on utube video of CTX3030 they are digging nails still.

Thanks, I really need to try the 6x8 coil. The 6 in concentric is way slow because of overlap sweep required and lacks depth.

The deepest signals are iffy anyway, good luck in putting your detector over good targets. You, having more experience with the Safari have the advantage.

I wondered who that was seeding that park!!! :rofl:

Good luck
Bunker