Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Safari struggles but pulls it out!

bunker314

Hi All,
Got out and hit a spot near the Kennesaw Battle Field. It has been really hard with my Safari but I started getting an ear for it today. Found the first regular bullet (not sure what cal.) within 5 mins of starting. It was the only one that gave me a good solid signal.(31) All other signals were jumping with multiple tones and numbers all day. (6.5hrs. today) Three of the 4 cleaners were in a fallen tree root ball. I was surprised by each of the buckles. Everything sounded like square nails with just a bit of difference. Numbers would jump from -10 to 38 and everything in between. I had to block 40, it would just scream all day long if I didn't. Ran in All Metal most of the day with sensitivity set between 16 and 17. I would move between the two. Couldn't get above 17.
Thanks for looking,
Bunker

Bunky,congrats on a great relic hunt. Glad to see that you were able to quiet that safari down. I like the cross and the cleaners.....don't find any of them or the 3 ringers up here. That knife " thingy", sure could use an electrolysis bath ! Looking forward to more finds, too.

Thanks Ken, I have to go and get another battery charger. Mine gave up last month. Seems they liked to throw the cleaners away. It is amazing how the red clay plays with the Safari.
HH,
Bunker

Nice finds Bunker. It is not the Safari that RED clay is tough on any machine. Iron Oxide I think is what is in most of the southern clay. I liked my Safari as well as any for hunting relics. The thing is you are finding stuff from a place that has been hunted very hard. Congratulations and HH :minelab:

Thanks Hershey and Tracker,
Yep, that red clay is tough. They call the area I hunt "Button Hill" because of all the buttons that have been found there. They should call it "Square Nail Hill". I probably dug at least 50 yesterday, could have dug them till the cows came home! I have only found 2 buttons myself. But I will keep trying.
HH,
Bunker

Bunker, great finds! Living on the West coast, I have never known the experience of detecting a real life historic battlefield area like you have back there but maybe one day I can have that unique experience.
I'm surprised that your running so high in sensitivity...16-17? Unless your detecting deep in the ground.
Most of the parks I detect, I have to lower it to about 12-13 otherwise every little piece or shard of metal will set my Safari off resulting in frustration. Even at that low sensitivity, I find I can go several inches deep still. I do realise though that your the only one to determine if that sensitivity works for you in the field. H.H.!

Hey Bunker nice relics! I too hunt in some very tough ground here in TN. It's kinda wierd I live on what is called "The Ridge" around here and all the farmland is a very distinctive red clay. Once you start driving down the ridge to the next town the dirt is completely different. With the Safari I hunt with sens. at 18 or even 19 around the civil war camps i hunt, and yes there is constant noise from the machine on small nails...But...it does help me find some good iron targets too.

Thanks for looking Gold strike and Tn.
I do enjoy finding the CW items. I run as hot as I can stand it. Found two more bullets yesterday. In all metal, they came in at a -10 and -08. But they had just a bit different sound, not a solid iron signal but it would jump a bit so I am thinking maybe not a nail.
Bunker

Your "knife part ?" looks like a n old broken straight razor.

Hi Gunsil,
Thanks for looking. I was thinking that and it was suggested on another site as well. It is pretty thick. I am going to stick it in the bath tonight and see what happens. I will post a pix when it is done.
Bunker

Well, I stuck it in the bath last night and here is the result. It could very well be a straight razor as suggested by some.
Thanks for looking,
Bunker