Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Salt Beach hunters - Beach 1 vs 2

adamBomb

When are you using beach 1 vs beach 2 on saltwater beaches?

Beach 1 for dry sand and beach 2 when the coil is in or under water, i found the with 1 when under water you will get some noise and with 2 it is completely quiet

Beach 1 works on wet salt sand at my beaches. My understanding is that Beach 2 has a reduced power output and if that is correct, My thinking is Beach 1 is the way to go as long as possible on the beach. Use Beach 2 in the water.

Beach 1 is the most sensitive....... beach 2 reacts like its 3 digits less sensitive. There is no need to run a lot of chatter...... there are ways to calm it in the water. We did a little test in fact yesterday. Beach 2 running 18 sensitivity will pick up about a 4 gram ring buried at 8" with depth to spare in the salt water. Can you hunt in beach 1 in the water ...... yes, but why do it if you arent gaining anything? Ive tested target after target...... with the chatter of beach 1 you WILL miss targets that are clearer in beach 2 when in the water. Ill also say..... you have the ability to RAISE the sensitive a digit or 2 if you also raise the sweep speed. On the wet sand beach 1 is clearly the deepest. things can be changed up on the dry...... Field 1 can be the deepest using multi freq over the other modes.

Dew

Digger 45 said:
Beach 1 for dry sand and beach 2 when the coil is in or under water, i found the with 1 when under water you will get some noise and with 2 it is completely quiet

Ditto.

I like the stability of beach 2 and find it still gets great depth and is sensitive to small gold . I basically just detect the surf line .

Beach 2 is a low power version of Beach 1 and is better for harsher environments. Beach 2 is more stable in the salt water and wet sand.

Just don't think that Beach 2 is not deep, dug a quarter at 12" in the surf today and it rang out strong, i have the Nox 600 and i believe that it is as deep as my Sand Shark PI machine. The more i use it the more i'm amazed.

I am going to do some testing on this over the next few days. In my air test, beach 2 is deeper. I am going to test it in the sand and see how if it reacts the same on a thin chain.

halfstep said:
Beach 2 is a low power version of Beach 1 and is better for harsher environments. Beach 2 is more stable in the salt water and wet sand.

I don't think thats correct. My understanding was that the beach mode had to programming to automatically reduce power if it was in a "overload" situation. I did not read the material and think it said it was always lower power.

EDIT - I just re-read the beach section of the user manual and sure enough, beach2 uses a lower power transmit strength.