Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Salt water

Bromly

Hey Randy, did you get a chance to try it in the surf or even in the wet slopes.If so, how bad was the falsing? Like my excals I can usually run my sens around the 7-8 setting in the dry sand.But in the wet stuff I usually have to drop my setting 6 due to falsing.

Thanks
Ken

I had no problem on the Texas Gulf when using Auto Sensitivity. When Ground Balance was not activated, I could wander from wet to dry sand without a problem. Here is a Map of one of my daily excursions. HH Randy

Damn Nice !!!!

can i hook up my ipod and use music as a threshold always wanted that :clapping: that would make me buy this and i am not joking.

BP

Its like having the best of both worlds, Bill. For "normal" detecting the FBS2 technology compensates for mineralization, as it did with the FBS technology. But for those highly mineralized sites, you can turn on a Separation mode called Coin-Ground, implement Automatic Ground Balance, and the combination of those two functions will stabilize TID and let you find those deeper targets that were being masked by ground conditions. HH Randy

Randy,

Any chance you can create a seperate thread explaining this? The concept is a bit vague and it would be helpful to have it explained in detail.

I may eventually do that Bill. Right now I'm spending most of my time sorting through the posts from those whining about price and having too many "whistles and bells" Once the forum settles down and people get serious about learning more about the CTX 3030, I'll be happy to explain any of the new functionality. HH Randy

Unfortunately any time a new machine is announced this sort of thing happens.

I'll look forward to hearing what it the CTX actually does & how it does it once time allows you do just that.

Bill

Great info, thanks Randy.

Ken

Does the automatic ground balance work on the same principle as...for example.... White's auto-tracking? And if it does, can the recovery delay caused by targets while in AGB be adjusted lower/higher.