Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

saltwater mode conflict

in the manual page (21) side note it tells us not to hunt in auto sen. mode on beach! Does that mean that mean saltwater because of high mineralization, so does the saltwater program take this into consideration? so should I run it higher or lower ? Commonsense would tell me to run it as high as I can until it becomes unstable, but this machine uses different logic (magic) any help would be appreciated thank you

Most saltwater beaches have low levels of magnetic mineralization. Since Auto Sensitivity relies on the magnetic response from the ground (to set the Sensitivity level), if there is little or no magnetic mineralization present, the CTX 3030 has nothing to measure. Therefore, implementing an Auto Sensitivity setting would be inaccurate. Minelab recommends using manual Sensitivity in these conditions. They also recommend using the SeaWater mode when the coil is submerged. And they recommend bumping up your manual Sensitivity to obtain maximum depth without causing false signals. This may need to be adjusted as the depth of the water changes. If you are on the beach and the coil is not submerged, they recommend turning the SeaWater mode OFF.
Also, in regard to whether SeaWater processing takes into consideration the Sensitivity levels......yes it does. HH Randy

I was on a San Diego beach last evening and operating on the dry sand with the 'seawater' mode off and in manual sensitivity in the Beach Mode. I also searched in the wet and in the water using the same settings without any sensitivity changes. I'm beginning to think there is something with this machine or 17" coil because this seems to violate most of the settings recommended in books I have read and advice I have read here. The machine wasn't chattering or making noises that you normally get when over overloaded in water or somewhat materialised beaches. What say you....nes

Whatever settings work for the environment you are hunting varies a great deal. There are places on the gulf side I can run my sensitivity wide open. On the east coast where there is more black sand I have to adjust. The CTX is a very forgiving machine but what works for me may not help you. Fresh water I mostly use ferrous-coin combined mode and that works for me. Don't rely on the manual trust your machine and adjust to the hunting conditions you are in. HH :minelab: