Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Saturday, Silver, New Friend

AJ in PA

To me, Saturday is the best day of the week. I spend a large portion of it detecting and getting away from all the concerns of life.
It's a reset button or just a way to decompress. I was only able to hunt a few hours last week so I'm going to combine today's totals
with last week. I was hunting a very thick patch of woods with vines and stickers and iron signals everywhere. TTF saves the day (Again).
Most of the coins were in an area of about 100 square feet and very deep (average 7 inches). In addition to the coins pictured, I found 15 wheats
from the early teens to 1930.
One of the greatest benefits to our hobby is not in the finding of Silver, Gold or rare objects but the people we meet along the way.
Today I met someone new to our hobby and remembered the great feeling I had when I first started detecting 28 years ago.
It was nice meeting you today Eric, your adventure has just begun. Happy Hunting!

Score!! Looks like a great day.

Great story and great finds AJ - congrats !

And I agree with you 100% about how good it is to hear those E-Trac tones at the end of a long work week
After one hour in the field ... you forget about how tough the entire week was! :detecting:

Very nice hunt! Did you find the nickels in a spill? Looks like one or two V nickels in there too.
Great job on sharing your passion for the hobby to a new beginner. :thumbup:

All of the nickels were found one at a time. I don't think I've ever found that many
Old nickels in one small area before. But then again-I've never owned an E-Trac before either!