Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

screen black out on CTX

Could anyone help me regarding my 5 year old CTX? today hunting the screen just went dark like it is when its off. Yet I could still hear all the sounds. Ive called the service center at detectorrepair.com. Dont really know if this is minelab authorized repair center. Bottom line I know i need to get it fixed (if its fixable) because now I have a non working detector. If iam going to make a change now would be a good time to do it also. Has anyone dealt with this sort of issue with there CTX machine?
thanks!

There have been quite a few screen failures with the Ctx. Mine started with black lines running through the display. If your handy it’s a fairly easy job replacing the lcd. You can buy them fairly cheap. There are a couple of videos on YouTube showing how to replace it. Good luck!

Could anyone help me regarding my 5 year old CTX? today hunting the screen just went dark like it is when its off. Yet I could still hear all the sounds. Ive called the service center at detectorrepair.com. Dont really know if this is minelab authorized repair center. Bottom line I know i need to get it fixed (if its fixable) because now I have a non working detector. If iam going to make a change now would be a good time to do it also. Has anyone dealt with this sort of issue with there CTX machine?
thanks!
I sent my 3 year old machine in 3 months ago because of grey streaks in the screen. I got a call from the Minelab repair center in Pa. He said because mine had an old style LCD, which they didn't have access to anymore, they had to replace the PCB and install the new style LCD. Thank goodness mine was still under warranty.

I sent my 3 year old machine in 3 months ago because of grey streaks in the screen. I got a call from the Minelab repair center in Pa. He said because mine had an old style LCD, which they didn't have access to anymore, they had to replace the PCB and install the new style LCD. Thank goodness mine was still under warranty.
Well crap, mine is going on 7 yrs......... Iam getting ready to box it up to mail it in to that service center in PA. I really dont want any other detector. I guess ive struggled and fumed over this one so long iam used to it. Wish it wasnt to expensive or id just get a new one....... Thanks

There have been quite a few screen failures with the Ctx. Mine started with black lines running through the display. If your handy it’s a fairly easy job replacing the lcd. You can buy them fairly cheap. There are a couple of videos on YouTube showing how to replace it. Good luck!
My failure was different, It hit a can target and the screen just went dark. It wouldnt even reset but the service center person said that was a long shot anyway. Never the less my screen is gone which ive had for about 7 years. I really dont want to try another cheaper brand. If I get the repair and it actually works try it a while longer or sell it. Thanks for the advice!

Has this machine been in the water a lot? At all? Not to be ridiculous but this isn’t a backlight issue?

There may be a connection inside the enclosure that may have lost contact. Try removing and clean with isopropyl alcohol and replace. Or I’ll trade you a working tricked out Excal for it…. :)

I would have to agree with bklein that perhaps it’s a connector issue if there haven’t been problems with the screen prior, such as lines going out. But it obviously COULD be several things. However it turns out please let us know the fix as many might have to face this down the road.👍

I would have to agree with bklein that perhaps it’s a connector issue if there haven’t been problems with the screen prior, such as lines going out. But it obviously COULD be several things. However it turns out please let us know the fix as many might have to face this down the road.👍
Will do. I ended up sending it in 3 days ago. Ill see what they say and let you know.

Mine did the same thing. Worked great one day, next time out, screen didn’t work. Machine turns on, but screen stays blank. Got a new screen from eBay for $42, hoping that would fix it. It didn’t. Will be contacting minelab soon.