Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Screen Locks up

hrefab

I've read others talk about having the V3i screen lock up and in addition to all the little gremlins that have plagued me through two V3i Machines (in the space of 3 months), I can now add this malfunction to the list. So has anyone determined what causes the machine to totally lock up? The only cure being to remove the battery and reinsert it. I'm not even going to get annoyed at the machine, it's not worth my time, but I am curious as to why this freeze up happens. I was using the machine with a 950 eclipse coil and went to change recovery delay and that is when the machine locked up. Full battery, Properly ground balanced, standard Coin&Jewelry program, no tricky add ons. etc.

It could be an oxidized ribbon connector. Open up the display pod, pull the ribbon connector off and reinsert. Worth the try.

I had mine lock up several dozen times. I reseated all my connectors and my ground leads and it never happened again. One of the techs told me some years back that its a ribbon cable that needs to be re-seated. I have been hunting a couple times a month but have lost some of the bug waiting for a new Whites machine.....:detecting: