Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

screen protectors

101numlock

what is the best screen protector out right now? i have some camouflage one with out a brand name on it and it does not fit right and barely fastens around it causing the screen to wrinkle like crazy. I have heard of %#^$ screen protectors before but not really sure how to find them? can someone post a link or something LOL

http://www.google.com/search?sclient=psy&hl=en&complete=0&biw=1004&bih=612&site=webhp&tbs=shop%3A1&source=hp&q=screen+protector

J

I recently purchased a product at Best Buy called invisible Shield $19.95. It fits a screen up to 2.5"x 4". These come in a pack of three and are easy to cut to fit and install. Once installed you can't tell they are not a part of the original equipment as there are no air bubbles or wrinkles of any kind. As far as glare they are better then my control box cover, but there is still a little glare.

jbow's post gave several links to different products. One offered a anti glare screen protector. From what I could see it darkened the screen to some degree which to me with the E-Trac already having a not to bright screen would make the problem worse. I guess you could run with the back light on all the time but that would eat up a lot of battery life.

Rick "IL"

Rick said:
From what I could see it darkened the screen to some degree which to me with the E-Trac already having a not to bright screen would make the problem worse.

That is a very good point Rick... I have used up all the protectors in the Palm multi-pack I originally bought.. I will watch to make sure the next ones I get are not tinted. The ones I have/had are clear... it never crossed my mind that some might be tinted.. thanks!

J

jbow - I wish I had seen your post before I purchased my screen protector. It listed the exact same product I bought from Best Buy but at less then $!0.00 compared to the $21.00 I paid at Best Buy. I will save your reply so when I need a replacement I will know where to get them cheaper. Thanks Rick "IL"

I guess I used the wrong terminology for my question. I am looking for the best screen/weather cover. To keep dirt and rain out

Sorry I misunderstood your request. I recently purchased a Sun Ray Control box cover. I believe it cost $14.95 plus shipping. It fit much tighter and had no wrinkles on the screen like the Mine Lab covers. It still has a glare problem but I will use it in wet weather. I also put on a screen protector to protect the screen from scratches when the control box cover is not in use. Hope this helps. Rick "IL"

Go with the Sunray, I got that when the Minelab ones were on back order and liked it so much I let my friend use the Minelab one. You can order it from Detector Depot (a forum sponsor) talk to Kristi she will get one out to you right away.

I just did a Google search for "screen protectors" you could search for "anti-glare screen protectors" then weed out any that are tinted. Get the larger ones because you can get more small ones out of one sheet.

I think they all probably work well.

J

Just picked up an Anti-Glare sheet for an IPAD @ Best Buys, paid $ 29.00 or so, but can get 4 full sheets I think. Thanx, MIke

Just applied the Anti-glare... it was easy and looks exactly like the original screen material. Will definetly save the screen, hope I can change it if it gets scratched though.

I got that clear screen protector film cheap on ebay... I think it was a pack of 3 from an iPad for like $4.00.... then cut it to fit both Etracs that my son and I use... :)