Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Season Opening Silver

ducktrapper

This is my first post here, I have been posting on G4E's site since 2011.

Rapid warmup here had most ground diggable by this weekend! Have never been out so early. My first trip was a return to the fairgrounds I hunted on Christmas day. Three hours in the wide-open parking area on Friday afternoon turned up a pile of clad only. Switching to a smaller coil and working another parking area turned up a surprise at only 4 inches, a 1943 Canadian dime. As the soil was sandy, I suspect this coin was lost more recently than the silver era, but I’ll take it.

Saturday meant a trip to the city to hunt with Blondie and K-man at an old football field. Lots of deep 1970s clad here, but the silver is mixed in so you have to dig some of those pennies. Working sideline and endzone areas that we had not already pounded, I ended up with 7 wheats and a 1945D war nickel that was 6 inches plus deep on the edge of the old running track. K-man found a Merc, silver FDR, a sterling medallion and 7 wheats. Blondie got a silver FDR and 9 wheats. All of us had piles of Memorials, but I dug the most at 39. Great to get out to a productive spots with a couple great hunters, they force me to bring my A-game!

Today I visited the site of a school that existed in the first half of the 20th century. It is part of a wildlife management area now, mostly a marsh, very desolate, all that remains is a level area and a sign indicating the school site. Of course it was trashy and I found plenty of stovepipe, old beer cans and shotgun shells, but two signals turned out good, a 1944D war nickel and a 1912 wheat. Not valuable finds, but treasures to me because they came from this historic site very close to where I live. There is more here and I’ll need to get to it before the prairie grass grows and the mosquitoes come out!

Nice finds. Thanks for the story and the pictures. Welcome aboard.

NebTrac

Congrats on the great finds !