Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

seated lady--

mad jak

---was a GREAT LADY-- "MAA LADY" went with a bud last week to old house site. In a few mins he came over smiling like a cat eating a tuna sandwich!!! YES a LARGE CENT. He gets a kick leaving it in the clod of dirt**!!! HE's been MDing for 40+ years. He has LOTS of LCs. Well needless to say I was feeling GLAD for him and lower than whale @#!$ for myself. But he always skunks me!! After a few mins and a lot of prayers this popped out----

Sorry couldn't get the pictures the same size.

A beautiful find, congratulations.

Wow! That's amazing!! What a beauty!!

THANKS everyone! BEST silver I've found.

P.S. I forgot to mention that THE 3030 is AWESOME!!! the best Detector i've had. BAR NONE!!!

I got a 1876 seated quarter two weeks ago looks just like your awesome coin Congrats.:twodetecting::minelab::cheers:

Lady Seated at a Virginal, also known as Young Woman Seated at a Virginal, is a genre painting created by Dutch artist Johannes Vermeer in about 1670-1672 and now in the National Gallery, London.

Both the National Gallery, London and the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York name their separate paintings of women seated at virginals A Young Woman Seated at a Virginal, although they are quite separate works and are each known by alternate names. (The New York museum's painting is also known as A Young Woman Seated at the Virginals.)

The picture shows a woman facing left and playing a virginal. In the left foreground is a viola da gamba holding a bow between its strings. A landscape is painted on the inside lid of the virginal, and the painting on the wall is either the original or a copy of The Procuress by Dirck van Baburen (now in the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston), which belonged to Vermeer's mother-in-law. It is unclear whether or how much the subject of The Procuress is intended to reflect on the meaning of this work, although "It is probable that a more general association between music and love is intended." At the upper left, a tapestry is used to frame the scene, and in the lower right the foot of the back wall is decorated with Delft tiles.

dainik bhasker

Sweet find! I was just entertaining the thought of intending to find one of those. Nice job! Real nice detail.

Wow great find and amaxing detail congrats

That "gma of the seated ladies" is one that has eluded me for over 40 years. Congrats on a wonderful find. HH Randy

Had my share of spanish silver but no seated coins as of yet. Awesome find......Congrats!!

That must have been a really old house site. Congrats.

Awesome seated half - WOW!

I think you got the better of the 2 finds buddy!