Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Seated, my first...

There isn't too many coin founds in these part's this old that are Silver, and or Copper for that matter. But I finally found a Seated Coin, a 1891 "O" Seated Dime...well worn, but so amazing of course. I was expecting a nice Merc, maybe a Barber I guess, as I had resorted to pretty much talking about finding one as a dream, or some fantasy :D

A few feet off a curb, 5 inches deep, there she was in all of her Glory, pulled from her rest, to be carefully laid in my hands to hold, before I placed her into my trusty CoinTOTE for safe keeping.

Well, the wait is over for me for one as I go on to my next dream (FIND) of course, here is a picture of it, along with a Beautiful 1940 "S" Merc, Thanks for looking, DirtDiga

11adhkn.jpg

Congrats on your first seated coin! That's a real accomplishment for sure, they just don't come up very often. Here's to you finding more.

And seated coins did circulate into the 1920 and 30's, so there aren't many places in the US where you can't find one. That is one of the funnest aspects of coin spills, to see what was being lost concurrently. I have a few seated that are make the expression "One thin dime" make sense; just barely identifiable. Yours still has a few miles left on it.

Congrats,

Chris

Well done DIGA! I only have one Seated,would like to have more! Keep on hitting those areas of activity from yesteryear that are available to you and more great coins will surely come.
Congrats on a couple of beauties!:beers:

I know the excitement you felt.
I found a large cent and seated quarter just a day apart and was blown away. Don't find those often here in Texas.
Great find

n/t

Big Congrats on your first Seated! There's not much that compares to the excitement of a first find! A hunt you will always remember. Good luck and keep it up!

rbholt80 said:
I know the excitement you felt.
I found a large cent and seated quarter just a day apart and was blown away. Don't find those often here in Texas.
Great find
I hear ya... just very glad to have finally found one.

Chris(SoCenWI) said:
And seated coins did circulate into the 1920 and 30's, so there aren't many places in the US where you can't find one. That is one of the funnest aspects of coin spills, to see what was being lost concurrently. I have a few seated that are make the expression "One thin dime" make sense; just barely identifiable. Yours still has a few miles left on it.

Congrats,

Chris
Thin she is.. lol, and Thanks ALL for the kind words, GL & HH to you guys

Sooper Dave.. I love seeing your finds, I'm a huge fan of yours, DirtDiga

Congratulations on your first seated coin.

My first seated coin was an 1891 O dime as well.

Great job. Congratulations on your first seated coin!

NebTrac

When you least expect it. There it is. Nice find.

Rich (Utah)