Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Seawater Setting

I am an Excalibur water hunter in Florida and was highly interested in the CTX when it was first released. However with numerous reports of false signals in salt water I was hesitant to pull the trigger. It sounds like the seawater setting that was part of the last software update has addressed this issue. I was hoping to hear feedback from ocean hunters if this feature really eliminates the false signals that were problematic in the past. And does it allow the CTX to be as stable as an Excalibur in various salt water conditions i.e. waves, currents, deep water, shallow water, wet sand, etc.

Thanks Ray-Mo. I did see that thread but I was hoping more beach hunters could chime in about their experience with the new setting. But perhaps consider the time of year and the limited number of beach hunters using the CTX it may be a while before more reports come in.

Tony I have not tried it myself since (no salt water beach on Oklahoma) but I have had several friends give me great reviews. They say it has made it run smoooooth!!

Holler if you have questions or want more details.

I had the old Excalibur, bought in '98, and sold it about a month ago. I have the CTX and was at Galveston last weekend, Wind blowing 20-30 and messy but I did manage to get the coil wet. The seawater edit is exceptional!! With manual sensitivity up to 28 it was totally quiet in water about 6" deep with waves breaking a foot above that. It is an excellent improvement!