Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Second Seated, Same Site

Yeasty

A couple weeks ago I pulled out my very first Seated Liberty coin at a construction site where a new High School is being built. A sweet 1876 dime. My research showed that the site was once owned and farmed by a Presbyterian minister back in 1868. So today, because the temperature had finally dropped and the ground was saturated from Irene, I returned today and I'll be d@mned if I didn't find another! A one year older 1877 Seated Dime! To date I've found only one Barber dime and now I've found 2 Seated dimes. Go figure. This site has already produced 2 Rosies, 2 Mercs, an XF Barber quarter, the previously found Seated dime, and now the second Seated dime. Anyhow, I'm as happy as a little girl and plan to return there again soon and be all over this site LIKE THE DEVIL AT A CHURCH REVIVAL!

Great looking coin - keep going back if possible !

Very nice!!! Thanks for the pix.
Best of luck, we look forward to seeing more.
Bunker

thats the thing....its so hard to hit every target.....try going back over the whole thing at a 90 degree angle to what youve done....guaranteed theres almost certainly another seated there....a spot like that has earned your respect and thus digging a lot of the iffier targets. anything solid and "sweet", if dug, could turn up something really nice for you!

thats weird that youve found two seateds and only one barber....but all i can say is congratulations. :clapping:

last week for example in a place thats been very good to me and ive pounded the heck out of one particular area around a bunch of old maples, i found a silver quarter in a really junky spot at this area and this thing was only 2 or 3 inches deep. and i know i was over this exact area before....

i guess using a metal detector is kind of like painting a house with a spray can. you'll never get 100% coverage the first time.

Nice finds Yeasty. :detecting:

outrageous find! i love dem church revival meetings!
all hellfire and brimstone! really wakes ya up to the fact god has nothin' but best intentions for us!
just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Congratulations on the seateds. Thanks for the pictures.

NebTrac

I'd like to comment on hunted out spots, even after 90 degree sweep. I have a old farmhouse with an acre front yard that I have hunted 6 times. I have managed to get 6 Barber dimes, Barber half, large cent and a couple of Mercs. The latest hunt was this morning and I found 1 Barber. I do feel I have pulled most goodies out, as I have covered previous swept areas and no new finds. Seems like when i hit a goodie, it's an area that wasn't swept well or at all. Matter of fact, I even felt discouraged this morning after the hunt, with only finding one Barber dime. On to finding a new hunting location. HH, mIke