Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Second Thoughts on V3

hang7575

I have a bullet buried 9 inches in my backyard.Took the 10 dd coil off of the V3 and put on my MXT got a solid repeatable bullet ID on every sweep. The V3 I got mostly mixed mode all metel sound and some VDI numbers but nothing repeatable. V3 was in relic mode factory settings with rx gain at 12. I find it very difficult to hunt anywhere near houses and wires due to Emi I guess from wireless internet. I have to turn gain down to 2 or 3 to use it, were the mxt is usable at full gain. Anybody else notice this or am I missing some thing. Some guidance on different programs or settings . Thanks Andy

I don't know about the relic issue, but I do know that wireless internet, cell phones, and buried power lines do NOT interfere with my V3. I have all those at my house and it doesn't interfere with the V3 at all.

If the ground conditions allow, the conical coil will get better depth than a DD coil. As far as the noise goes I would think the electronics for a single frequency detector could handle EMI rejection better than a three frequency detector, (complexity??), but this sounds like a question for the engineers. I have noticed the V being more susceptible to EMI than the DFX, especially around power transformers. I can't seem to get within 200 feet of one without the V going bonkers.

or underground utilities will mess you up if you're over them. Those invisible fences are hard to hunt around though.

J

No this was in my backyard , no underground wires, 25yards from my house 50yards from closest powerlines,Gietting falses every 5 secs or so had to lower gain to 2 or 3 to get it to stop, frequency shift did absolutly nothing to correct it. Changed coils with same results. It seems to be worsre when the weather is overcast after a rain an there is alot of humidity in the air.??

I had the same Beep problem when I was hunting near an electric fence. About every 5 seconds or so I would get a nice loud beep, just like going over a target. I found that if, under the Frequency Settings, I changed my detector to run on correlate instead of best data, it allowed me to keep my gain and sensitivity set a good bit higher than if I didn't. Actually, I couldn't get the beep to stop at all until I made this change. I had tried each different frequency independently and had also tried adjusting the frequency offset above and below the factory relic setting of +1.

hang7575 said:
robertk what programs are you using and at what gain setting I would like to try them. Thanks Andy

Most of the time I'm in coin mode or coin and jewelry. Factory settings except I have tone ID and VCO pinpoint on. The ground probe typically recommends gain of 15. I can run 15 at home (right outside the room with the wireless router). At the building I hunt in town, I have to turn it down some (7 to 10) -- if I run the recommended 15 there, it gets a bit unstable. There's no wi-fi there, but there are both overhead and underground power lines there, on opposite sides of the yard.