Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Seems that ML has violated one of the truisms of good sales practice:

There is nothing ML has said that has proven wrong. There is plenty that people have ASSumed that hasn't been as they Interpreted. Words have specific meaning; a company isn't responsible when someone cant follow the English.

Show us the press release that they lied in. No facts = no credibility.

God, this is getting so tedious. If you don't want one, don't buy one. Why cant some people just be happy with their own brand? There isn't One Machine to rule them all ferchrissakes.

Champ Ferguson said:
There is nothing ML has said that has proven wrong. There is plenty that people have ASSumed that hasn't been as they Interpreted. Words have specific meaning; a company isn't responsible when someone cant follow the English.

Show us the press release that they lied in. No facts = no credibility.

God, this is getting so tedious. If you don't want one, don't buy one. Why cant some people just be happy with their own brand? There isn't One Machine to rule them all ferchrissakes.

Yep, another person who's only posts have been negative complaints.

I have even had people PM me saying how "under performing" the EQX is going to be. When you read every post they make (and some of them have been posting constantly) is only to talk up their brand.

You guys get trolled every time.. Even if in this case I don't believe he was trying to. You don't like a thread ignore it and it will go away. Instead here it will be at the top of the forum for everyone to see...

OP
I am suprised there will only be a detector or two per dealer. At least that is what I'm hearing. It sounds like they're working hard to catch up though. Hopefully the over-deliver part will be with how happy we are all with it.

For all you whose heads are exploding over my “opinion,” notice I wrote “seems.” What I wanted to point out was the circus atmosphere surrounding the release of the detector. Is it Minelab’s fault? Maybe not. And I certainly wasn’t impugning the detector. I have owned several Minelabs and I expect this new one to be of similar quality. I just question the advisability of touting a detector that “is the all-terrain multi-purpose detector that obsoletes all single frequency VLF detectors,” 5-6 months before it’s ready for release. Doubt that this is a circus? Look at all the posts on this forum about a detector only a small handful of people have seen, let alone operated.
If expressing my opinion has offended you, then I apologize. Thought this was the purpose of the forum.

Some interesting information... Tom Dankowski said he’s responsible for 6 weeks of the delay.
I’m assuming he is behind some important improvements that will make the wait for Equinox well worth it.

Bryan

DaveNV said:
For all you whose heads are exploding over my “opinion,” notice I wrote “seems.” What I wanted to point out was the circus atmosphere surrounding the release of the detector. Is it Minelab’s fault? Maybe not. And I certainly wasn’t impugning the detector. I have owned several Minelabs and I expect this new one to be of similar quality. I just question the advisability of touting a detector that “is the all-terrain multi-purpose detector that obsoletes all single frequency VLF detectors,” 5-6 months before it’s ready for release. Doubt that this is a circus? Look at all the posts on this forum about a detector only a small handful of people have seen, let alone operated.
If expressing my opinion has offended you, then I apologize. Thought this was the purpose of the forum.

The circus, IMO, has been due to impatient people venting frustration due to unmet expectations. NOT because of any egregious behavior on the part of Minelab.

You don't have to apologize for having an opinion. BUT -- many of us who are here to actually discuss the machine and its potential in an intelligent way, have been trolled mercilessly by countless people who, for whatever variety of reasons, have seen the need to visit the forum for the first time, only to toss out some pot-stirring negative post, seemingly with no other purpose than to inflame and arouse anger. IN other words, TROLLING, pure and simple.

So, yes, some folks are a bit on edge, after enduring this for the past few months.

Steve

Miracle machine is finally released. Being light weight is great but will it see what BBS and FBS didn't? I will be able to swing it longer for sure which may mean more targets, Only if they are there. Hoping it doesn't take as long to get enough units out there to meet demand. Lots of folks waited over a year to get an ordered ET.

How do you "discuss a machine and its potential" when only a few testers have even seen an Equinox?

beegees,
According to your " exit opus" posted earlier, you stated that you canceled your order ( like anybody cares) and were going away. So, why are you here trolling again? Oh well, it was nice while it lasted.

Dean

Everyone pay attention to those who have registered only recently and have posted nothing but trolling posts.

And I am STILL waiting on one of the trolls/shills to show me something that ML has said that was wrong. Misdirection by blaming consumer 'misintrepretation' is laughable.

Wow, beegees. That was something else. Kind of hard to believe, actually.

I will say one thing -- you know nothing about me, who I am, what I do.

From there, I'll let the words of Luke Skywalker in The Last Jedi say the rest, about your recent post directed at me...

[attachment 354577 luke.jpg]

G'day.

Steve

Champ Ferguson said:
Everyone pay attention to those who have registered only recently and have posted nothing but trolling posts.

And I am STILL waiting on one of the trolls/shills to show me something that ML has said that was wrong. Misdirection by blaming consumer 'misintrepretation' is laughable.

"Consumer misinterpretation". Yep!

pay now, and we will get it out someday....meanwhile your $ is in our bank account. (safe and drawing interest)
I guess Malaysia has a good labor pool too; avg. wage is $2 USD per day.

beegees said:
What promise have they failed to deliver on?

-----------------------------------
Right up to February 02, Minelab's website only notice on the Equinox specifically told preorder customers to "expect" deliveries to start late January. It quite specifically claimed the plan was to have the units in dealers hands by that time, and "thus" to "expect" them to start being delivered to preorder customers at that time. Not a single person had a unit being shipped to them by late January as claimed. What's more, the dealers also did not. This notice was on their page for a long time. It was the only notice, the only information stated by Minelab online. What's more, a number of you spinning Minelab stooges constantly TROLLED us saying we should stop listening to rumors, and stop noticing the indicators that they would be late and only focus on what Minelab has said. That announcement on their site was explicitly posted here word for word many times because back then you would not acknowledge it, even though many of you kept pointing us to it. Because, you are a defacto Minelab forum police spinning troll, Tyber0z . That is only one of the dates afford by them that they failed to meet. But it quite literally was, the only official Minelab and public online notice from which you cannot deny happened.
----------------------------------

So, I simply asked the original poster to explain what "promise" he meant, and this is the response I get from Beegees? Why am I not surprised that the three-week old account is still attacking people relentlessly, even after he said he was leaving? I'm inclined to believe that beegees is one of our earlier anti-Equinox troll-artists that we chased away by continually standing up to him, and now he is back to resume his attack. That's just a guess, though. I have no evidence to support it.

So where’s my EQ 800? it’s well into February - still butkas.

I don’t mind waiting, but the time for space ranger hair splitting is rapidly running out.

beegees said:
What promise have they failed to deliver on?

So, I simply asked the original poster to explain what "promise" he meant, and this is the response I get from Beegees? Why am I not surprised that the three-week old account is still attacking people relentlessly, even after he said he was leaving? I'm inclined to believe that beegees is one of our earlier anti-Equinox troll-artists that we chased away by continually standing up to him, and now he is back to resume his attack. That's just a guess, though. I have no evidence to support it.

Same old story from you. If anyone suggests they are late on anything, you ask the question, "...where is there proof of being late". "Now it's "...what promise did they fail you on." Every time you are johnny on the spot trying to get us to type more to prove it. Once proved, you start the character assassinations. Clockwork.

Actually I'll have to check if there is a way to block your post from my eyes from now on. So tired of your spin and attacks on people's posts.

If anyone is "spinning" things, it's YOU. I am not making any excuses for Minelab. The original poster said that they "violated" a good sales practice, and that they "over promised". I only asked specifically what "promise" the poster meant. I didn't even challenge the idea that Minelab "over promised and under delivered" - I merely asked what promise he meant. You are the one twisting stuff up in your little noggin. I'm sorry if asking a question for clarification is akin to demanding the highest burden of proof.

I think Andy deleted his post even though it was right on and tells it like it is, too many new people to this forums that think they no more than those that have 30 plus years of detecting. In order to keep peace and use this Equinox forum as intended he deleted his post.
We are seeing more BS on this forum and too many assuming when the Equinox should have been released, too many want this detector to do thing no other detector can do and feels instead of the operator learning what it can do they want it to work better then they they can do and understand.
Minelab made the mistake of announcing this detector until the testing done and a final product ready to make. Then again if they waited until after Christmas to announce it many people would be mad because they just bought a new detector for Christmas, so either way we are going to have people mad at Minelab.
What we are seeing is like the little girl on Willy Wonka that wants everything now no matter what it is even though many cant use it anyway because of the weather.
My biggest concerns is if it is ready to release or if they are releasing it to satisfy some that keep saying they want it now.
I am going to sit back and read any info like the owners manual and any field testers reports and wait for my dealer say mine is on it way before I get too excited as it will come sooner or later and just hope it is before our ground thaws. :thumbup:

Rick