Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Seems that ML has violated one of the truisms of good sales practice:

beegees said:
At this point I'm thinking the image they shared on facebook showing pallets "wrapped" and one pallet unwapped with EQx loaded might be a photoshop job. Either photoshopped, or that one unwrapped pallet with a couple boxes on it was literally all that got shipped.

This is how far the level of discourse has sunk on these forums. A brand-new member who regularly attacks other folks is sitting here suggesting that MINELAB is photoshopping images to deceive their customers. This is outrageous and I really wish the mods would get their thumbs from outside their fourth points of contact and do something.

Here is the photo in question, which I have run through a trusted image forensics website. It does not indicate that there has been any editing of the image. The only reason it's "medium" and not "high" confidence is because it was posted to Facebook and then re-downloaded. There are more in-depth checks that can be performed to further prove this is an authentic image, but let's not even indulge this cretin any further.

And let me take this opportunity to point out the following; beegees - this insufferable troll - in this very thread, chastised me for seeking "proof", saying "Every time you are johnny on the spot trying to get us to type more to prove it." when I had the audacity to ask "What promise have they failed to deliver on?". Then he immediately writes another post suggesting that Minelab is purposefully deceiving us all, and NO ONE challenges him. Well here I am. I am challenging him. And I will continue to do so because he is a goddamn nuisance and should be chased off this board for the shit he is trying to pull.

Seriously, wrap your heads around this: HE IS SUGGESTING MINELAB IS EDITING IMAGES TO DECEIVE YOU. Why do we even humor people like this?

Tyber0z said:
At this point I'm thinking the image they shared on facebook showing pallets "wrapped" and one pallet unwapped with EQx loaded might be a photoshop job. Either photoshopped, or that one unwrapped pallet with a couple boxes on it was literally all that got shipped.

This is how far the level of discourse has sunk on these forums. A brand-new member who regularly attacks other folks is sitting here suggesting that MINELAB is photoshopping images to deceive their customers. This is outrageous and I really wish the mods would get their thumbs from outside their fourth points of contact and do something.

Here is the photo in question, which I have run through a trusted image forensics website. It does not indicate that there has been any editing of the image. The only reason it's "medium" and not "high" confidence is because it was posted to Facebook and then re-downloaded. There are more in-depth checks that can be performed to further prove this is an authentic image, but let's not even indulge this cretin any further.

And let me take this opportunity to point out the following; beegees - this insufferable troll - in this very thread, chastised me for seeking "proof", saying "Every time you are johnny on the spot trying to get us to type more to prove it." when I had the audacity to ask "What promise have they failed to deliver on?". Then he immediately writes another post suggesting that Minelab is purposefully deceiving us all, and NO ONE challenges him. Well here I am. I am challenging him. And I will continue to do so because he is a goddamn nuisance and should be chased off this board for the @#$%& he is trying to pull.

Seriously, wrap your heads around this: HE IS SUGGESTING MINELAB IS EDITING IMAGES TO DECEIVE YOU. Why do we even humor people like this?

Since I was the direct answer to his post I assume you meant that I am humoring him, so I will answer you. If you read my post to him, I IGNORED his photoshop comment and address his other concerns. You see, if someone posts something that is "outrageous", I have a choice, IGNORE it, or point out where they may have been mis-informed. However, I do not feel the need to address someone EVERY SINGLE TIME because they have a different opinion than me, or that they are wrong. People make mistakes. No one is perfect.

beegees said:
At this point I'm thinking the image they shared on facebook showing pallets "wrapped" and one pallet unwapped with EQx loaded might be a photoshop job. Either photoshopped, or that one unwrapped pallet with a couple boxes on it was literally all that got shipped. Maybe the trucker decided to sell them on ebay soon for twice as much instead of deliver.

Who know's what is to be believed in all of this. Then this forum is deleting threads of EQ info written by well known Andy S. and maybe others. It's truly bizarre. My first attempt at becoming a minelab customer and this was my introduction. Been reading here in a couple detector forums a long time and never saw anything like this event discussed here before. Nor the actions of some of the people here being like they have during this. It's truly a shame. I feel a little worse everytime I get into back and forth discussions with some of them.

If I could ask for some truthful opinions, I would ask what brand detector and what model I should target in two weeks besides this mess that I could fairly trust. Obviously I've put aside enough for the 800, just got it back recently. Is there anything out there that approximates anywhere near what this EQ was claimed to be at one time? Like, does a Whites MX Sport (...new versions) really work? Anyone have a working model? The Kruzer Multi sounds interesting, and their own videos seem quite honest on it's depth limits. The depths I really wasn't all that impressed with. They don't seem to be hiding anything which is great, but I wish I had someone to ask that I could still believe at this point. My distrust might extend to dealers now after my experience recently. I know there are a number of good people here still. The Deus + the coil everyone is getting for it now is really over what I could afford I think. Maybe save up for it if need be. I guess I'll get in touch with a local club and see what they think.

If you hunt saltwater don't get an MX Sport. The Multi Kruzer is getting good reviews. There are plenty of videos showing that it is a formidable detector. It also has a good coil selection. You can pick up a great deal on a used Deus if you so choose, you have to keep an eye on the classifieds. Sven is a Canadian who has a Multi Kruzer. Maybe you could dm him for some info. He's very forthcoming and has nothing to hide. He even has his own website and is legit.

As for this Minelab thing, usually the truth lies somewhere in the middle. It's been an interesting follow. Makro did it right with their release of the Kruzer and Multi Kruzer. Minelab not so much.

AHH So I am not crazy I thought I posted something on here about TESTERS and FREE detectors and it isn't here anymore.

Hell if that picture really shows all they have that isn't many at all photoshop or no photoshop.

Tyber0z said:

And let me take this opportunity to point out the following; beegees - this insufferable troll - in this very thread, chastised me for seeking "proof", saying "Every time you are johnny on the spot trying to get us to type more to prove it." when I had the audacity to ask "What promise have they failed to deliver on?". Then he immediately writes another post suggesting that Minelab is purposefully deceiving us all, and NO ONE challenges him. Well here I am. I am challenging him. And I will continue to do so because he is a goddamn nuisance and should be chased off this board for the @#$%& he is trying to pull.

Never mind screaming to delete post and remove members which I am getting sick of and I have been here since the beginning on this forum.
He isn't attacking anyone with names and threats just ignore him if you don't like his post jeesh.

Beyonder said:

Since I was the direct answer to his post I assume you meant that I am humoring him, so I will answer you. If you read my post to him, I IGNORED his photoshop comment and address his other concerns. You see, if someone posts something that is "outrageous", I have a choice, IGNORE it, or point out where they may have been mis-informed. However, I do not feel the need to address someone EVERY SINGLE TIME because they have a different opinion than me, or that they are wrong. People make mistakes. No one is perfect.

First and foremost, I am a Minelab user with a CTX3030, E Trac and Explorer2. That being said my criticism of the Equinox release is Information. They have given out just enough information to appease those dead set on buying this new detector. They made an announcement in Sept and there has been only a trickle of information. When this happens then people tend to do the next best thing, they speculate, assume and criticize.
Now I understand they cannot release tons of info on the unit since they are still getting feedback and tweeking the unit BUT they can at least throw a couple crumbs and give out some basic info but they decided to just let the fervor build.
I recently had the opportunity to test a unit from another manufacture. All testers were required to sign a NDA with some basic rules. Now this is where they took a different road than Minelab, as soon as this manufacture announced the release of this model us testers were told we could share info about it, the only "rule" was we had to explain that we had a test model and that some things may change by the time a production model hit the shelves. Some manufacture could learn a thing or two here.
Now I know Minelab wants to get this right the first time and I am all for that BUT I think you need to show a little more concern for your customers and make them feel like they are still in the loop. Even if they have no new news just say so and tell your customers that you value them and want them to have the finest product they can produce. Apologize, even if its not your fault, this is all CS 101 here. I am sure they will learn much by the way they handled this release and improve on the next.
Like many others I only hope this new tech is worth the wait and all the drama that comes with it.

Tyber0z said:
...... I really wish the mods would get their thumbs from outside their fourth points of contact and do something.

Hahaha, "fourth point of contact". Airborn! death from above!

kajunman said:
As for this Minelab thing, usually the truth lies somewhere in the middle. It's been an interesting follow. Makro did it right with their release of the Kruzer and Multi Kruzer. Minelab not so much.

Makro didnt create anything new. They took an existing detector and slapped it in a waterproof case.

Rick(ND) said:
I think Andy deleted his post even though it was right on and tells it like it is, too many new people to this forums that think they no more than those that have 30 plus years of detecting. In order to keep peace and use this Equinox forum as intended he deleted his post.
We are seeing more BS on this forum and too many assuming when the Equinox should have been released, too many want this detector to do thing no other detector can do and feels instead of the operator learning what it can do they want it to work better then they they can do and understand.
Minelab made the mistake of announcing this detector until the testing done and a final product ready to make. Then again if they waited until after Christmas to announce it many people would be mad because they just bought a new detector for Christmas, so either way we are going to have people mad at Minelab.
What we are seeing is like the little girl on Willy Wonka that wants everything now no matter what it is even though many cant use it anyway because of the weather.
My biggest concerns is if it is ready to release or if they are releasing it to satisfy some that keep saying they want it now.
I am going to sit back and read any info like the owners manual and any field testers reports and wait for my dealer say mine is on it way before I get too excited as it will come sooner or later and just hope it is before our ground thaws. :thumbup:

Rick

I have nothing against Andy but I am curious as to a question that had been asked in his post as to whether or not he was a tester of the equinox and came to those conclusions.

Jason in Enid said:

Makro didnt create anything new. They took an existing detector and slapped it in a waterproof case.

spot on...and destroyed the value of the impact in the process. The impact hadnt been out hardly no time and people are now stuck with a detector they cant sell to get the kruzer unless they want to just unload it for a huge loss.

SavingThePast said:

spot on...and destroyed the value of the impact in the process. The impact hadnt been out hardly no time and people are now stuck with a detector they cant sell to get the kruzer unless they want to just unload it for a huge loss.

The Impact is a totally different animal. This is like comparing an CTX to a Gold Monster. Two different machines TWO different purposes.

When the Kruzer came out, my first thought was to dump the Impact and get a Kruzer, but that would of been a huge mistake. The Impact has many more modes, and in fact, is like having many different types of detectors in one. If you watch the videos of the Kruzer(and you have any experience with their brands) you can tell right away the change in the VCO compared to the Impact. As for the Kruzer being "new tech", some parts seem to be, I can't be sure at this point.

Anyway, I am hoping to get my Nox soon and I will have comparison videos of the Impact vs The Nox in an EPIC show down!

Ah, begees, I see your problem about the detector pallets.

Look at the exposed corner. There are 2 rows side by side of boxes - four high - a sort of “face row”.

Behind the right-hand “face row” the boxes are stacked four-high, but stacked from front to back. The depth of the standard pallet is 40 inches – so I’m guessing that the boxes are four inches side to side and 36 inches long – therefore since the face row is 36” wide, behind the face row there would be 9 rows of 4” wide boxes, stacked 4 high.

Notice that the left hand face row overhangs the left hand edge of the pallet - that means that the boxes behind the face row must be stacked like the face row - from side to side and not front to back - like on the right-hand side - if they were front to back, the last two rows of boxes would fall off the edge of the pallet.

So, right hand side of pallet - face row = 4 boxes, behind that either 9 rows deep and 4 high = 36 boxes.

On the left side, we have 10 rows of boxes which are 4” wide) , four boxes high = 40 boxes.

So if my guesses are right, 76 Detectors Per pallet . I may be wrong on the actual calculations, but there are clearly 70-80 Detectors per pallet.

Beyonder said:

The Impact is a totally different animal. This is like comparing an CTX to a Gold Monster. Two different machines TWO different purposes.

When the Kruzer came out, my first thought was to dump the Impact and get a Kruzer, but that would of been a huge mistake. The Impact has many more modes, and in fact, is like having many different types of detectors in one. If you watch the videos of the Kruzer(and you have any experience with their brands) you can tell right away the change in the VCO compared to the Impact. As for the Kruzer being "new tech", some parts seem to be, I can't be sure at this point.

Anyway, I am hoping to get my Nox soon and I will have comparison videos of the Impact vs The Nox in an EPIC show down!

hmm, here is quote from Keith S. who was a tester for the Kruzer..... "To me RIGHT NOW I can grab the Multi Kruzer and feel like if I'm leaving the Impact or Racer at home I'm not losing any performance...and I like the way it feels, the best feel of the whole line.LOVE THE ARMREST FINALLY!!!!..and I like the peace of mind of no dust/rain/Dirt and I can hit the beach maybe once or twice the year...and I get unmasking everywhere."

add in that the kruzer is waterproof....

SavingThePast said:
I think Andy deleted his post even though it was right on and tells it like it is, too many new people to this forums that think they no more than those that have 30 plus years of detecting. In order to keep peace and use this Equinox forum as intended he deleted his post.
We are seeing more BS on this forum and too many assuming when the Equinox should have been released, too many want this detector to do thing no other detector can do and feels instead of the operator learning what it can do they want it to work better then they they can do and understand.
Minelab made the mistake of announcing this detector until the testing done and a final product ready to make. Then again if they waited until after Christmas to announce it many people would be mad because they just bought a new detector for Christmas, so either way we are going to have people mad at Minelab.
What we are seeing is like the little girl on Willy Wonka that wants everything now no matter what it is even though many cant use it anyway because of the weather.
My biggest concerns is if it is ready to release or if they are releasing it to satisfy some that keep saying they want it now.
I am going to sit back and read any info like the owners manual and any field testers reports and wait for my dealer say mine is on it way before I get too excited as it will come sooner or later and just hope it is before our ground thaws. :thumbup:

Rick

I have nothing against Andy but I am curious as to a question that had been asked in his post as to whether or not he was a tester of the equinox and came to those conclusions.

Andy, thanks for the pm and giving me some clarification! much appreciated!

beegees said:
Ah, begees, I see your problem about the detector pallets.

Look at the exposed corner. There are 2 rows side by side of boxes - four high - a sort of “face row”.

Behind the right-hand “face row” the boxes are stacked four-high, but stacked from front to back. The depth of the standard pallet is 40 inches – so I’m guessing that the boxes are four inches side to side and 36 inches long – therefore since the face row is 36” wide, behind the face row there would be 9 rows of 4” wide boxes, stacked 4 high.

Notice that the left hand face row overhangs the left hand edge of the pallet - that means that the boxes behind the face row must be stacked like the face row - from side to side and not front to back - like on the right-hand side - if they were front to back, the last two rows of boxes would fall off the edge of the pallet.

So, right hand side of pallet - face row = 4 boxes, behind that either 9 rows deep and 4 high = 36 boxes.

On the left side, we have 10 rows 9of boxes which are 4” wide) , four boxes high = 40 boxes.

So if my guesses are right, 76 Detectors Per pallet . I may be wrong on the actual calculations, but there are clearly 70-80 Detectors per pallet.

Thank you for figuring that out. I suppose the Jenga like stacking helps keep the pallet intact better, and confused my eyes.
Palletology........
An expert could tell you everything about that shipment ! Much like crateology where you use recon photos to determine whats
in a crate.

Tom
LFOD !

SavingThePast said:

hmm, here is quote from Keith S. who was a tester for the Kruzer..... "To me RIGHT NOW I can grab the Multi Kruzer and feel like if I'm leaving the Impact or Racer at home I'm not losing any performance...and I like the way it feels, the best feel of the whole line.LOVE THE ARMREST FINALLY!!!!..and I like the peace of mind of no dust/rain/Dirt and I can hit the beach maybe once or twice the year...and I get unmasking everywhere."

add in that the kruzer is waterproof....

All of that is subjective(not knocking Keith) and doesn't change the fact that they are two different machines. There may be some refinements on features on the Kruzer that surpass some of those same features that are on the Impact, but, some have features the other doesn't. I'm just trying to debate your point and what I think is a common misconception.

I'm still waiting on the troll/shill to show me where ML has said something that wasn't so. I notice he avoids that thread now.