Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

SEF-6X8 VS THE X-8 ?

has anyone done a sidebyside comp?I have used both and seems pretty darn close as far as wght,also depth seems to be close and almost the same in seperation,I was wondering everybody else what your thoughts are?,HH

I like the SEF much better than the FBS-8 but I have not tried the S-8... I would think it comparable to the FBS-8... I have the SEF 8x6 and 12x10 and they are both very good coils... however the stock PRO coil is in the same league with all of them... not too much difference, it is a great stock coil.

J

I'm with Jbow on this one. I think the stock pro coil is very good. I do use a SEF 15x12 for the beaches though. The only benefit over the Pro coil is coverage.

the 6x8 sef falses much less than the pro coil in my part of the country, and you can really jack up the sensitivity and still runs smooth

I think the Pro is a little deeper and it is also really good in trash, it is probably the best coil design ever, IMO. I use the 8x6 only if I am in REALLY heavy trash but am not convinced that the Pro coil isn't as good.

Julien

The 6x8 really shines on the V3, there is a huge difference in stability and how high you can run the sens... I haven't thought about jacking the sens on the ET with the 6x8, I always just run AUTO+3 but ... you can bet i'll be trying a high manual with the 6x8... thanks!

J