Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Selling my 800 and 600 and buying a new one due to warranty expiration

silvercoinboy

Warranty is out on the 600, and the 800 runs out next month. I'm selling both, and buying a new 800. I have had 3 warranty claims (2 coil ears, 1 cuff) in the last 12 months of use. I'd rather have a new warranty and then I do not have to worry about it

Why don't you sell your 800 and keep your 600 as your backup. Food for thought..🤔

Warranty is out on the 600, and the 800 runs out next month. I'm selling both, and buying a new 800. I have had 3 warranty claims (2 coil ears, 1 cuff) in the last 12 months of use. I'd rather have a new warranty and then I do not have to worry about it
I really hope another brand comes out with an equinox technology equivalent machine soon.
I have 2 800s. The warranty on one runs out in November. I hope to get the new nokta makro simultaneous multi frequency machine before then.
Even if I don't I plan to get rid of that 800. If something happens to my second 800 I'll use my Simplex as a backup. Or even my MXT.
I don't plan on getting another minelab unless they come out with a machine that can identify aluminum. And that ain't going to happen, not in my life time.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the Equinox. I've been searching a field that a local guy went through throughly last fall with a detector (not to be named!) from Germany. I found my 10 Mark gold coin after him. The Recovery Speed adjustment hands down pulls the targets out of these iron laden German fields. Its just that the coil ears and the armrest are weak. So I'm happy to buy another and use it for 3 years and know that my warranty protects me.

They have been very quick in sending out my replacement coin and Armrest. I'm sure they will fix the coil ears at some point because it must be costing them some $$, or else they are charging it back to the contract manufacturer in China

Sounds like the warranty system is very fast in your neck of the woods. I have one of the very earliest machines and still going strong with no warranty issues and won't be selling any time soon. Watch something happen today LOL better knock on wood :rolleyes:
HH Jeff