Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sensitivity question.............

tomjj

Can sensitivity be changed independent of each other, meaning being in auto or manual. I change it now by going to manual and changing the sensitivity then going back auto. So can I change sensitivity either up or down just being in auto mode? I hope this makes sense.

With limitations, auto can be adjusted from -3 to +3 which is plenty for the type of hunting that I do.

The detector permanently changes sensitivity, He automatically moves sensitivity up in auto mode.
After some minutes he stops going up, when he "feels" that there are too much interferences from ground mineralization.

You can speed up the process, if you start hunting with "Manual 28" for a minute and then switch to "Auto". In that case you will be faster on ahigher sensitivity value.
At least thats my impression. Generally its recommended to prefer "Auto" Sensitivity unless the ground has near to zero Mineralization (on the beach, sand for example).

From the manual I'd say that the explanation in the e-trac manual is clearer then in the (german?) CTX Manual, as it properly explains the three internal search channels.
That have the perfect strenght only in Auto-Sensitivity.