Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

setting volume on individual targets

johno

im using gh combined ferrous,, settings and digging mercs in heavy iron..around 6-7 inches. my problem is that the iron sound is so heavy that its tough to hear the high tones squeaking thru because they are faint or very short but they do show up on the screen. i have the iron tone set low and the silver tone set pretty high. if there was a way to quiet the iron tone but not turn it off it would really help. is there a way to do this without going out of combined??? or rejecting the ferrous all together. ive been diggin merc,s with 3 -4 pieces of iron in the hole. thanks for any insight into this situation. HH

Hey Johno - Unfortunately there isn't a way to adjust the iron sound outside of the tone in combined. Also, Minelab says they can't, via an update, allow the iron volume to be lowered.

On a positive note, I do find that the iron volume is not that loud. They did set it to a good level. But I prefer a quieter hunt and 50 CO anyway (which I run with minimal disc).

What I would suggest, is that if the iron really bothers you to run some disc, regardless of mode. Compare it on a target and see if the disc causes the target to be lost. My bet is that it won't. The CTX is very fast so I don't think some nulling is going to stop you from pulling coins from iron. Testing testing testing will have the final word though.

Hope that helped some,
Albert

I agree with Albert..... implementing some discrimination for the iron won't likely inhibit the CTX's ability to still hit hard on the coins. Especially if you are running Ferrous - Coin separation. And with the Combined Audio mode, you can tweak each of the "bins" to represent what might be tone frequencies better suited to your hearing preferences. Your example is another reason I encourage people to build their own programs based on their specific needs, instead of expecting to get the same results others may be getting with a specific program. JMHO HH Randy

You may want to try just as an experiment rejecting all and completely blanking out the entire screen. Then taking the targets you most desire to find in YOUR area and accept them into the blanked out screen such as silver coins,IHs and nickles. Like Randy suggested the CTX is very versatile with new programs. If it works great if not make another program until you find one that works for you in your ground. I have one I use hunting CW relics and campsites. You can always hit the detect button and go wide open if needed. HH :minelab:

thanks for all the info..... i really havent had the time to really play yet ,, been to busy using it and tinkering along the way. found 2 more mercs in the iron last night.. hoping to play a little more in the next couple days . thanks for all the info. HH

What is your Volume Gain and Threshold Level set to?

sorry for late reply,,,,,, i have my volume gain at 30,,, threshold 30, volume limit 19 and threshold pitch 15... got 2 1955 today 6 inches but no doubles..:beers:

Have you tried making your iron tone at the bottom of the scale?... I would agree definitely with the above post too.. the descrim feature on the Ctx DOES NOT seem to hinder the CTX.. at least none that I can tell.. been checking it a lot lately by switching screens.. just to see if I can still hear the targets with a lot of descrim.. no losses yet in the comparison. :)

thansk for the info GH ,,, yes i have put iron at bottom of scale......the only time i really have a lot of trouble is when there is more than 1 piece of iron around and the silver is below 6 inches.. then it seems to just break theu no and then and the numbers bounce .. but when i see the 12 45 a few times and here the high note. theres usually something there. then its just a matter of accuratelt pinpointing.. if i was out in the wood it would be no problem but the fact the owner keeps things mowed and nice lookin makes it tough. i know theres a bunch more down there but i cant go hog wild and pound a bunch of targets all at once.. even being careful it would look ugly with this weather we,re having. next time out ill be trying some discrimination in the other screen and see.HH

Good luck friend.. If you get a chance at the 6 inch coil I am hearing several users are really amazed at how it slices between targets. That might help with the blooming effect of the bigger iron around the smaller coins and relics.. I can't speak from experience on it yet but hope to change that this weekend sometime.. Evan

Evan I should have mine in Tuesday. I'm looking forward to it. If it's even half as good as the 5x8 was on the AT-Pro I'll be posting some nice finds from these nail infested parks. I wanted to get another bottom shaft but 175$ + tax is a bit steep for a lower shaft.